Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anybody fitted a set of these? whats the best way of attaching them will some bonding for a boot spoiler be ok to hold them in place or is drilling into the chassis the way i need to go, if so do i need any specail drill bits?

·
MEG Corporal
492 Posts
I guess it depends on where you are going tomount them,I guess along the sills and one front and rear.

I would recommend,a fine drill bit and a few small self tappers.

At least this way you will be able to convert it back for whatever reason,and theres no waiting for the adhesive to set up,if you decided to bond them on.

I guess if you do drill and screw I'd recommend a blob of sealant around the screw hole to prevent the water getting in and rustt starting,but that should only affect you if you do a lot of river crossings.

I'm sure theres some closet neon posse on here to give you some advice :L

;) Darren

·
MEG's Resident Removal Man
2,220 Posts
Dieselracer did it to my TD. might be worth a PT to him.

jcth1

·
Registered
219 Posts
Neons arent street legal in england, best way would be to go for LEDs which ive been told that the police are a little more lieniant on, and my cousin had a set on his C2 GT, drill the sils and bond the screws is the only way to go.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i thought about puting leds under there but got offered a set of neons from a friend at a very cheap price and in good working order, not too bothered about them not being street legal neither is the speed i drive at most of the time

·
LED Extraordinaire
8,458 Posts
As far as im aware if the bulb can be seen the law will have you..... but if the glow is all that can be seen then it will be ok.
Its times like this we need fungus's input.......

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i see youve added your funny comment in signature gt, probabily gonna use the underside of the spare wheel well for the rear, remove the guard from under front bumper and use the 2 clips at bottom of radiator for the front and then tuck the side ones in far enough to hide the actual tubes from view

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.