Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
MEG Commander
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I'd post some updated pics of my ride. Done new new grills, new bootlid handle, phone kit and as you can a new stereo (fitted by Vauxhall due to their feck up. Also a little box attached to the common rail! :woot:

Attachments

·
Registered
9,474 Posts
Looking very shiny mate, the new shape astra is a bit space age-y kind of looking but I quite like it tbh....I saw (what I think was) the gsi version the other day in town in light blue...looked pretty sporty, not that different to yours actually, whats the engine like on it, good power..???

·
MEG Commander
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah that was with a quick applicatgion of AG super resin polish.

The VXR is what you probably saw, 240bhp as standard, and easily set to 280 ish...

Mine is the 150CDTi 1.9 SRi, although I'm hoping for nearer 200 now..... It is quite quick, especially mid range; 0-60 standard is meant to be 8.3 secs, but goes to nearer 7 with the box!

·
Back in England.......
18,700 Posts
I'm a bit half n half with the new astras. they can look nice (Like yours) but I have seen some that I didn't like the look of. I think it's the 3 door 5 door thing where they only look good in 3 door (like the new megane). At least yours doesn't have hte thing I really don't like about the new astra, them milky back lights! They look horrible in my opinion and the smoked crystal ones look a lot better. :L

·
Back in England.......
18,700 Posts
kerryw said:
Mark1984 said:
newannaive said:
I don't think it was the vxr, don't they do a gsi version thingy...or is it sri/sport or sommat...it wasn't the diesel version like yours tho.....
If it looked like this then probs was a gsi :L
they are one car id gladly have over a mondy :innocent:
The older shape or the new one. Personally I wouldn't have either coz of legroom but I'd rather have the newest shape one.

·
MEG Commander
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That blue one pictured above is the mk4, the 'old' shape if you like. All the 3drs like mine come with the smoked lights, and the 5 doors have the milky ones. There are quite a few different style already available for the Astra.

·
AWOL
19,522 Posts
I would be very tempted by the 150 diesel in the new shape. The new Astra's actually a very nice car to drive. I had the 1.7 as a hire car and it was a bit gutless but other than that I couldn't fault it.

·
MEG Commander
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The 150 is the one to go for, even over the petrol models (VXR excluded). And it's amazing what can be done for a little over £200 ;) Shame the SE rolling road is cancelled....

The 1.7 is a carry over from the mk4 iirc and is OK but not really powerful enough. There is also a 1.3CDTi in poverty spec models.

They really are a good drive, mine has cornering damping control, which basically stiffens the suspension when sport mode is on, there is little if any body roll in tghis mode.

·
Megger
77 Posts
I love the look of these cars, we have three at work with the ext pack, but im sorry to say i still prefer a focus to drive, the astra seats are to hard for me :(

·
Registered
10,167 Posts
Im not a fan of the looks of both the new and previous models. But the previous model was not a bad drive. I have a 1.7cdti in the van at the moment, that is the best van around imho. But if i was buying a car that size it be the Focus Estate.

·
Registered
9,474 Posts
Mark1984 said:
newannaive said:
I don't think it was the vxr, don't they do a gsi version thingy...or is it sri/sport or sommat...it wasn't the diesel version like yours tho.....
If it looked like this then probs was a gsi :L

no it was the new shape, I have a mate who has one of those in your pic, the turbo one, he says only a certain amount were made or sommat like that, 210bhp..??..I think thats what he said..memory not good.

·
MEG Commander
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I have to say having driven both the Focus is slightly better handling, but the Astra is not far behind. On looks though the Astra canes it, hence I bought one. Also the Focus 2.0 TDCi is more refined but down on power.

·
MEG Sergeant
2,062 Posts
www.vauxhallownersnetwork.co.uk

been there.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.