Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Big Megger
Joined
·
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I managed to scrape the car moderately badly this morning, on the passenger front door, and the drivers rear wheel arch :headshake:

Anyway, as today is dry, I would like to fix this with a touch-up pen / spray can ASAP.
Unfortunatly, I don't know the name of the colour to goto Halfrauds with. The paint code under the bonnet is 'K5', the car is a 1995 Mk1 (dark / metallic navy colour). I can post a pic if necessary.

Any help much appreciated, I'd like to get this sorted today if I can, as the rain doesn't often stop here in Ireland.

Thanks guys :)
 

·
Big Megger
Joined
·
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers mate :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
59 Posts
I had a 1996 n reg escort in state blue and I used a touch up can from halfords but you will need a can of lacquer as well it is a pearlescent colour and if you take your time and do the prep right give it a light sand between coats (1200 grit) including the clear coat I found I had a totally invisible repair the match was spot on just t cut it and wax polish in a few days when it has had time to harden
good luck
stu
 

·
MEG Colonel
Joined
·
8,988 Posts
tried the paint from halfords before what a load of balls, the match was nothing like
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
341 Posts
KillBill said:
The paint code under the bonnet is 'K5', the car is a 1995 Mk1 (dark / metallic navy colour)
K State blue as said
5 = 1995 make sure you get the right colour for the year as it looks like the colour changed about 1998 and has a different code to pre 98 state blue
 

·
Big Megger
Joined
·
184 Posts
stuthegasman said:
I had a 1996 n reg escort in state blue and I used a touch up can from halfords but you will need a can of lacquer as well it is a pearlescent colour and if you take your time and do the prep right give it a light sand between coats (1200 grit) including the clear coat I found I had a totally invisible repair the match was spot on just t cut it and wax polish in a few days when it has had time to harden
good luck
stu
I ended up going for one of the pen sets, it includes colour, primer, laquer, and a brush / light abrasive thing to clean the scrapes out. Though they're fairly large, they're more like lots of small scrapes together, so I think the pens will do.
Unfortunatly, it started to rain as I was driving home (maybe if I hadn't stopped to look at the Delorean I found in the car park of 'frauds, I'd have made it sooner :) )

I'll give it a go tomorrow maybe. I presume now it's got wet, it's going to need rusteater or something ?
As for the sandpaper you mentioned, wheres the best place to get that ?

Cheers :D

I'm really pissed this happened, the bodywork was otherwise very impressive for an 11 year old... aha well :(
 

·
Big Megger
Joined
·
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Norfolk_LX said:
KillBill said:
The paint code under the bonnet is 'K5', the car is a 1995 Mk1 (dark / metallic navy colour)
K State blue as said
5 = 1995 make sure you get the right colour for the year as it looks like the colour changed about 1998 and has a different code to pre 98 state blue
It 'looks' like the proper match so far, but I haven't seem the paint out yet :)
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top