Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry to post it here but it gets the most coverage. Minty and myself have currently got my engine in bits changing the UIM & LIM over to the SVT. We jve a problem.

We cannot get the 2 fuel pipe brackets off the fuel rail. Its got like a mushroom head.

HELP!!!!

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is the pic of the SVT part, its the same fuel pipes. Sorry not got camera in my warehouse.

I hve circled it in red.

If need be please some1 call me on 07717 012035 if its easier.

Attachments

·
Registered
9,474 Posts
This was covered in mondymanV6's head gasket thread...there is a simple "thingymajig" you can make out of some plastic pipe or sommat, which you have to push into sommat else releasing the fule pipes....sorry for it being a bit vague but i have never done it myself but have read it on a couple of occasions on meg....

have a look through MMV6's head gasket thread.... :L

·
Registered
639 Posts
It yer a bit dextrous use two small flat bladed screwdrives and slowly wove them around the joint, whilst at the same time trying to pull th ejoint apart.

Yeah, sounds difficult but its the way i've done it many a time. Just make sure the springs that lock the joint together are moving out. And I mean the springs IN the joint, not the safety clips on the outside.

·
Turbo'd ST24
10,084 Posts
if you get it sorted out can you show or tell us how u did it and what tools you used to do the job, it would really help alot of people out on here thanks :thankyousign: :L

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
finally got it sorted. Need 2 ppl really, one to put a few small flat headed screwdrivers in and the other to twist and pull.

The larger one we did like that, but the smaller pipe we had to cut a small bit of plastic and fit it into the hole. The use a small screwdriver to raise it up abit. Twist and pull.

Just putting everything back now (well the new SVT parts). Thx for the replies all :L

·
Turbo'd ST24
10,084 Posts
do u have any pics of how u did it and the tool u used which was a bit of plastic pipe?? There are so many sizes i dont know which ones your on about and a pic of it taking the bits apart would be brilliant and well done for sucessfully changing them, i hope to have my svt parts soon as well, thanks Freddy :thankyousign: :L

·
Registered
6,370 Posts
two people? You havin a laugh or what!! 2 seconds max! Get some thin plastic(pill bottle is ideal-paracetomol),cut it so it will cover the circumference of the pipe,wrap it around the pipe & push in,pull the joint apart. It took me 10 mins without this info to work it out so it should take you much less now armed with that info :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts