Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi gave my car to someone for the weekend and got it broke with a extremley strange fault,

The car drives fine and you can hear the secondaries open but at 3500 rpm i hit the limiter, doesnt slowly get any higher, it just does the limiter noise as if i was at 7500rpm not 3500 doubt its secondaries as i can hear them working but it just hits the limiter at 3500 and i cant get it any faster in any gear its like a speed limiter lol!any ideas?

·
ST200 baby
7,993 Posts
no that is not a sign of a cat gone in my eyes , i dont know why it is doing it as it only hits the limit at 6850rpm on the speedo ?

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thats what i menat mondymanv6 rather than hitting it there it makes the limiter noise at 3500revs it revs like ar coket gets there and stops have been told its an ecu fault changed ecu and still playsup really baffled.

·
ST200 baby
7,993 Posts
well i have to admit its a hard one i am not sure if the limit will work of the rev counter so when it gets to that point it sends the sig to the ecu and will cut in the limit , have you tryed somthing daft like unpluging the rev counter , its daft but you never know , fail that its a case of getting ford to read it

1 - 5 of 5 Posts