Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
MEG Commander
2,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just curious but what have people actually had out of their v6's? (on private roads ofcourse) ive heard its in the region of 140mph :shocked: which is pretty high for a mondeo.

P.S no nasty comments please :)

·
MEG Admiral
2,642 Posts
my mk 1 was topped at 155, along side my bike which had just had its speedo calibrated, my wife was in the mondeo, { this is the same woman who topped out in her ex hubbys audi 80 sport } i was on the bike, and 2 of my mates were with me and they confirmed readings on there bikes of 152 and 158, now my mk2 2 is the opposite, its crap, i know the mk 1 si was taken on a track whan it was first released and ford had speeds of 145+ out of the standard car

·
MEG Admiral
2,642 Posts
tbh the most i took the st up to is about 130, but it would have gone more just needed another 5 miles on the "runway", the mk 1 was alot quicker

·
MEG Commander
2,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
fancy sharing it with us? :whistling:

·
6,836 Posts
help2003 said:
i did 130, with more to give, even took a pic too
Sounds rather dangerous, I would never do anything like that, :whistling:

My mate took a pic of his speedo when was late for work one morning 155 MPH :whistling: I told him hope the police didn't get a picture of him either.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
On private track, I have has 143 on the speedo with what felt like a little more to give. Book says 145, that is easily reachable.

On another note, for those using a road-angle or other GPS device that displays speeds, you may be able to confirm that the speedo readings at these speeds are way off or not far out.

Of course, all tests are on Private Tracks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Got mine up to 240 kmh (more or less 150mph) on the speedo GOING UP a seriously steep and twisty HILL on the mountain motorway in the Sierra Nevada, Spain. It still felt as if it could give quite a lot more but I decided that if I got stopped on this definitely non-private track, I'd have to sell the car to pay the fine.

·
Turbo'd ST24
10,084 Posts
MONDYMANv6 said:
i have done a 145
its nice to see people being honest here, i know we get stick for it but its not like i always do it :whistling:

i did 141 more than a yr ago leaving a boy racer in his red nova, it was funny because we were going to northampton or kettering, and we got on this long stretch and i was in forth and i was just ploding along but then he started to go in the fast lane and try to have me and i saw him on the coner of my eye and put my foot down in 4th, it was funny when my car leveled him and then left him in 4th, when i left him he flashed me his lights because he couldnt catch up to me and i left it there in 4th till i had to change and just kept going and then my partner said "babe look what your doing and im not lying its scary looking down and seeing the needle being soo low to the point it shouldnt be, past 140 so im being generous and saying 141 but could have been more, dont want to exagerate so will stick with a safe 141, but when people say that they do 160 in their cavalier i just think yeah what ever, its scary to be at those speeds and im not proud of it, every thing seems to be going slower than you, plus u think what if you get caught by the police, bad thing to do, but for a heavy car its awesome what it can do plus i felt like i could have done more, but i was fast approaching a purple ford ka so started to slow down and anyways we were near a roundabout, good thing i upgrated my brakes, sorry about the long post and no i dont condole doing that sort of speeds, i think you all are old enough to make your own desicions, dont do it and drive safe ;)

·
Registered
472 Posts
the book speed is a fair few mph beneath actual GPS top speed i recorded. but that was downhill ish.

stupid - and wouldn't do it again. yes, it was on a public road, yes it was stupid. but did i see a single car in 15minutes either way? no. but could there have been, and could there have been an accident that i may no thave been prepared for? yes.

so it was stupid. but the M58 is always so empty!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.