Ford Automobiles Forum banner

Videos: Front & rear brakes, pads & discs

725 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  raynkar 
#1 ·
I did a complete set of brakes on the 5 door so here are the guides. The rear caliper was 'interesting' in that the RH one turned opposite to expected/instructed so I supposed be wary of the official advice out there. The fronts I bodged with the hammer & screwdriver trick, better with a tool but just to show it can be done without. Enjoy.

Rear first:

and front:

#2 ·
The 'official' advice as you call it does say that the rear caliper piston can wind in either way.

The Haynes manual says it quite clearly. :)

To further complicates things it's not unheard of for refurbed or repaired rear calipers to have been re fitted with the wrong sides internal mechanism. Add to this that facelift calipers are different to pre facelift calipers, and that estate calipers are different to saloon/hatch calipers and it's easy to see why it's often just checking which way a piston rewinds, and to test the handbrake adjustment on any new caliper before fitting. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.