Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I have looked all around the forums and have seen that Visteon Coil Packs are recommended for the ole Mondeo 2.0 misfire problem.

All ready changed the leads and no change so coil pack next but Eurocarparts only offer HAAS packs. Are these any good?

I also note that there seems to be two types for my car - one with and I assume one without electronics?

I suppose I only know which one I need once the cover is removed from the engine.

Any help and advice greatly appreciated :¬)

PS: Amber engine light came on yesterday. 2 weeks after initial misfire at low rev band - Mmm

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks RB2004,

Any idea where I can get Bosch CPs? ECP only do HAAS and not sure they're worth it?

+ I was offered two types at the ECP website - one with and one without electronics? I need to order but cannot get under the cover of the engine at the mo. How do I tell which one to buy? any ideas?

Appreciate any help you can offer. Cheers, Tony

·
Click4 - What will you Click4 today?
1,481 Posts
Thanks RB2004,

Any idea where I can get Bosch CPs? ECP only do HAAS and not sure they're worth it?

+ I was offered two types at the ECP website - one with and one without electronics? I need to order but cannot get under the cover of the engine at the mo. How do I tell which one to buy? any ideas?

Appreciate any help you can offer. Cheers, Tony
What year is your vehicle?

This is good till around 2005

This is the Bosch one,
Product Font Material property Automotive tire Technology

This is the ford one, notice it's identical, has Bosch written on it.... Ignore different plug connector, actual coil pack is same but after 2005 I gather they just used a smaller plug connector as shown on the ford one.

Camera accessory Auto part Metal Machine Gun accessory

These rectangular shaped looking ones replaced the original squarer looking ones with the 2 raised bits, but lots of places are still selling the old design ones as pattern parts even though they was modified and replaced by ford with the newer design in the photo.

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, Mine is Y reg which I believe is 2001. Problem is I suspect the Bosch one you show is just what I want but I cannot find on ebay with that description "Bosch Coil Pack" suspect I have to keep clicking through all the results. Would HAAS at Eurocarparts be asking for trouble? Thanks again!

·
1,481 Posts
The one I showed you is from eurocarparts and correct for your vehicle.

Go onto their website, http://www.eurocarparts.com

And it should come up when you enter registration under engine parts.

Alternatively enter eurocarparts product code,

413770107 in search box and it will come up :)

·
1,481 Posts
If you are looking elsewhere for coil pack,

Bosch part number is, 0 221 503 490

Product Font Screenshot Technology Multimedia

If you search Bosch part number should come up with alternative retailers of the part.

HAAS is reasonably ok but seeming how common these things fail, install an OE Bosch one and that will be always better.

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks RB2004, picking one up Saturday at ECP Camberley. Hopefully that will solve all my woes. Cheers, Tony

·
Registered
5,525 Posts
I'm wondering too...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts