Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any VoIP experts on here? I mean on a large scale WAN not just a Skype phone!! Cheers

·
Man in a Jag
15,051 Posts
We use it at work - but I know little about it unfortunately. What do you need to know - I might be able to find out.

·
Yo
3,632 Posts
I have some knowledge of it in theory, looked into it as part of a uni project, but never been involved in it in real life, but may be able to help :)

·
Just me
19,673 Posts
I have looked into this as well.

Not WAN tho, as a home phone. Tesco are doing a good offer at the moment.

·
Registered
6,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
DavePage said:
We use it at work - but I know little about it unfortunately. What do you need to know - I might be able to find out.
What system are you using m8?? Do you know what PBX's?? cheers

·
Man in a Jag
15,051 Posts
I'll send a few emails (at home at the min) and see what I can find out :L

·
Man in a Jag
15,051 Posts
All that I do know is its all Cisco switches and phones thats used to link the sites together. There is a mix on each site between VOIP and standard telephony because of how some of the contracts are set up but they all link together.

·
Registered
6,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
cheers. I'm looking at Panasonic PBX's but really don't know how these would link to remote sites. I'm guessing they use ADSL/ISDN lines as trunks to connect sites.

·
Man in a Jag
15,051 Posts
Not had any replies back but ours are all connected together using the our corporate WAN links - cause if and of these go down so do the VOIP links. Not sure on how good Panasonic are at VOIP solutions but they are well regarded for normal telephony solutions so I would imagine would be good.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts