Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Mosquito
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the email I sent eurocarparts, hopefully it will be self explanatory.

Good afternoon

Regarding tyre inflator - Ring RAC 610 and your price promise.

Thank you for your decision to refund the difference and match Wilko's price of £9.00 for this product, which your price is £15.99. The product is in stock and is the same model as yours in Wilko's.

However it leaves me in doubt about your price promise. It took numerous emails to you (which I have saved), a visit to your store, when I was told, after waiting for half an hour, that your head office would not match the price of Wilko's.

I told you in my last email that now, it's not the money, but the principle. I don't think it is fair that other customers, who seek your price promise, would be treated in this way.

The email I received from you was an apology and that you would refund the difference for home delivery.

My problem is that you ended the email saying on this occasion.

My logical interpretation of this is that you don't honour your price promise on ALL occasions.

Because of this, I will inform the Gov.uk
Complain about a limited company
Consumer rights
Ombudsman
Companies house
BBC Watchdog
Vehicle forums that I am a member of and in addition will join every other vehicle marques forums to tell them of your so called PRICE PROMISE.
I will do this, I PROMISE (Unlike your promise). Yes, I am but small fry, but am willing to highlight a big apocryphal company like yours to everyone I can.

I will also add all our emails to prove your unwillingness, avoidance to honour your price promise thereby giving a factual account.

My contentment, irrespective of outcome, is knowing your name, policy of your so called price promise will be known to all other people, giving them the judgment of whether to shop with you. On this occasion I would rather shop elsewhere, in fact, anywhere but you.

Jack
(small fry, but having principles, one of which is that people should not be deceived with false promises).

·
8 gears or more please
TrevorB BMW320 M Sport 2020 M Sport Pro Pack. Tech Pack (Head Up Display)
5,458 Posts
Absolutely spot on mister. Well done, totally agree.
I always "trusted" ECPs but not anymore.
I looked, like many others, for a battery charger, the MX5 jobby.It was about at it's normal price £70 at most places, Inc Halfords. ECP was a whopping £139. I complained by e mail to ECPs CEO, asking why they were taking advantage of covid where people were needing batt chargers.
He replied by saying buy it from us at £139 and, being as we price match, send him my invoice and he would refund me £69, idiot. Am I going to go to that much trouble.
No longer are ECPs my first choice anymore

·
Clever Clauggs
4,364 Posts
Carparts4less prices delivered is sometimes cheaper than Eurocarparts hyped up

false discounts.

Always compare the parts prices with the sister company.

·
8 gears or more please
5,458 Posts
Yes, I know they are same company - stupid they have different prices - us guys should not have to p**s about when looking for parts from same company.

Still a rip off

ECPs CTEK MXS5.0 Charger £135.00

Car Parts For Less CEK MXS5.0 Charger, on "offer", ha ha at £91.59

Even Halfords are only at £79.99

·
8 gears or more please
5,458 Posts
ECPs must make millions out of people who don't know any better

Battery for my car at ECP is £469.00 !!!!!! Only £300 fitted at main BMW dealer

Identical Exide battery to one at ECPs but at Car Parts For Less is £231.00

Same Spec battery at Halfords £186.00

·
Super Moderator
29,785 Posts
Must admit i use them a fair bit, they are fairly local and often the stuff is on the shelf.

BUT.. i do compare both euro and 4less (yep the same company) the discount codes

vary and mostly 4less is cheaper even with delivery but not always.

I have never assumed they were the cheapest though and always shopped around,

like the EFB battery for my daughters car which was cheaper at GSF who are even closer.

Always wondered how they get away with the never ending discounts, thought prices must

be the greater value for a length of time before they can discount it again.

£100 item thats 80% off this week or £40 with a 50% discount the true value is £20 not

the artificially created greater price. If you do complain and take it further ask them

about the endless discounts and keep track of various items to prove they are never

on sale for any length of time to show the real price is anything but thge discounted one.

·
Mosquito
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi everyone,

Thank you for your responses and comments, they are really appreciated.

I find it quite disgusting that big companies can do what they like, for example, falsely advertising deals, price promises, discounts etc. that they do not honour. They deceive the public and our community.

They really should be taken to account. I do intend to highlight this issue, with the means I have available.

If nothing happens, which I doubt, then I know I've done what I can. Anyway It make me feel better knowing that a lot of people will read this email and may take their custom elsewhere.
Jack.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Hi Guys, so at last someone has noticed that these thieving backsliding wallet robbing bar stewards are about, I cottoned on to them years ago when I first started cabbing I used them a lot and found that what appeared to be cheap branded parts were in fact knock offs of the originals, point in case what was allegedly a Pierburg EGR valve was sold to me in a plain white box, I was told thats why they were cheap as they had no printing on the box, what a crock, then we had the HID bulb deal, Osram D1S bulbs for about half the price they were anywhere else after I bought them their supplier appeared on Rogue traders after he had been spun and nicked trading standards did some tests on these bulbs which had a propensity to spontaneously combust, funny that the deal ended right there and the warranty on the bulbs withdrawn.

The final straw for me was when my daughters Fiesta thermostat jammed shut on a Sunday before she was heading back to uni Monday morning, so I did the click and collect got it and whizzed back to fit it, great except that water poured out of the sides of the housing because there was no seal and no wax stat just a straight through pipe, took it off and back to ECP, checked the replacement it was the same in fact the next four were all the same, their solution was pay an extra twenty quid for a different brand which I did as I was desperate, got my daughter off Monday then phoned my local Ford agent to find they were actually a tenner cheaper for OE but they were not open on a Sunday, you only have to look at the list of directors to see what you are dealing with.

Regards Steve.

·
8 gears or more please
5,458 Posts
Well done anyway.
It's pretty rife these day's, even more so since covid. Loads of swines jumping on the bandwagon. Amazon is another prime (no pun intended) example with.increasing prices.
I was desperate for a printer couple of weeks ago for less than £100. Non at Argos or Currys etc etc. Amazon had stock of an HP one at £89.99.
Just about to order it and my mate phoned me up. HP themselves were selling it direct at £49.00 so ordered from there.
It is now also available from Argos at £49.00
Again I bet loads of people just buy off Amazon just because it's so easy, but don't check their prices

·
Dash cams, catch 'em out :)
13,104 Posts
W

Well done anyway.
It's pretty rife these day's, even more so since covid. Loads of swines jumping on the bandwagon. Amazon is another prime (no pun intended) example with.increasing prices.
I was desperate for a printer couple of weeks ago for less than £100. Non at Argos or Currys etc etc. Amazon had stock of an HP one at £89.99.
Just about to order it and my mate phoned me up. HP themselves were selling it direct at £49.00 so ordered from there.
It is now also available from Argos at £49.00
Again I bet loads of people just buy off Amazon just because it's so easy, but don't check their prices
We had to get a replacement printer quickly within the last week.

The printer we got is normally £40, but due to the increase of printer use during lockdown hardly any shops had many printers in stock.

We ended up paying £60 for it, but at least it comes with three months free ink, so that is the equivalent of £30 off the price.

Some sellers online were selling the same model for £80, with one or two sellers selling it for over £200.

Reactions: TreborB

·
Super Moderator
29,785 Posts
Anything tech is still priced stupidly. I wanted the new Ryzen CPU's last Oct/Nov but they all

sold instantly. I bought the previous generation CPU instead.

Built a similar system for my nephew and he was stuck for a video card, luckily I

still had a fairly decent one but he had no choice but to have nothing or spend

£1649 on a stupid RTX3090. Total overkill for his use but nothing else

was available except RTX3080's for similar money on ebay etc.

·
Big Megger
3,065 Posts
It's happening across the whole mail order spectrum and also some click-and-collect merchants. Facebook is filling up with ads from food firms selling boxes of bargains(???) at inflated prices. A local shop was doing me a favour and delivering, but at a price. Meduim chicken - £12, sausages at £1 each to name but a couple. Just wait till lockdown eases and see the prices come down. As for Euro I have ceased buying from them and getting bits locally.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Wow nice post

i used to trust them and just buy whatever i needed as they always had what seemed to be a good discount code on the site

I'll be double checking prices from now on

You've probably saved me a good few quid with this post

Also i didnt know about carparts4less, so i'll be checking them too

Thanks for the info guys

ps, i also use pentland components for stuff

·
Registered
Mk4.5 2011 2.0 TDCI Titanium X Estate, business edition.
102 Posts
Lurking the unread threads on here....I just read this....and looked up the price of an item (not car related) I had just ordered on Amazon....

Have cancelled the order and ordered it for half the price from another (small fry) dealer...:)

I think we all know this happens...but the thread gave me the kick up the arse I needed...thank you!

Reactions: mondy zetecs

·
8 gears or more please
5,458 Posts
Amazon is another rip off on many items so the idle shoppers are being had in hundreds of cases.
I wanted a standard house guttering connector joint. Made by Marley Tufflex, Amazon price £11.00
Two local suppliers had identical manufacturer part at £2.40 and £3.00 Inc vat

Reactions: Gen2Galaxy
1 - 18 of 18 Posts