Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Little Megger
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I fitted some EBC turbo discs and green stuff pads a few months ago and i've managed to warp them, I did bed them in for a about 2000 miles before any heavy braking. Can anyone suggest how I can stop doing this or suggest another set of discs to use or a big disc conversion?? cheers

·
Premium Member
19,696 Posts
seen on many a post that the EBC discs do seem to warp when fitted to the mondy ( guess its just cos it a big bruiser of a mota the discs have to stop )

i managed to warp the standard front discs on my mk3 a month or 2 back and will be replacing them very soon with a set of drilled & grooved ones from Ebay user mtec100 i think it is ( they have loads of discs & pads for all makes & models & have plenty of supporters on here )

·
MEG Corporal
667 Posts
Sorry to here that mate

As i have said before tyo anybody do not buy EBC they will warp
I have the ebay ones on my 220 with red stuff pads and fingers crossed they are ok at the moment
But one thing they do do over ebc is rust very quickly
Good luck

·
TDDI Buff
37,060 Posts
rust is nowt it wears off with use.

·
MEG Corporal
592 Posts
I bought a set of Turbo discs and Greenstuff for my Mk2 and got serious judder from 60 mph. Ford reckoned that they needed to be replaced after only a few months as they thought that the discs were warped.....

Turns out that after a trip to Graham Goode, Leicester, it was the rear brake drum. That was about 2 years ago and the brakes are still fine.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.