Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi Guys,

My boot carpet and the carpet behind the drivers seat were getting very wet and I found that the rear light cluster was leaking. I have sealed this with silicone sealant but some water is still getting through.

I used sealant on both sides of the old seal and put the light back in place, would it work better if I removed the old seal ? Anyone else had no luck with sealing the light cluster ? With all the rain recently, the car is starting to smell like a pair of old socks :(

·
Working on the Choo-Choo trains
1,950 Posts
That's not the only place water comes through.
I've had leaks at the front (pollen filter), rear of boot (light clusters) and front of boot (roof rack strips).
It is better to get rid of the old seal before applying the silicone, but it might be an idea to have another look around to see if water's coming in anywhere else.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have seen water sitting at the bottom of the cluster so I am almost certain its coming in there, unless I have more than one leak. Have read some of the other posts on boot leaks and its seems the problem areas are the light clusters, vent in boot (have not checked this), rubber strip on roof and a vent behind the passenger door.

Can anyone recommend a good sealant to use, I used clear silicone sealant from b&q to seal the light cluster but it still seems to be letting in some water.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.