Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today i noticed a few drops of water on the inside of rear screen running down from the centre brake light. I have a 2001 Mk3 hatchback.
I removed the cover over the brake light and there was water in there and also inside the hollow where the rear screen water hose runs. I know the rear screen wash is working perfectly so my question is do you think the water is coming in through the washer jet body on the outside of the boot or is it coming in from somewhere else.
:thankyousign:

·
Little Megger
13 Posts
I had this too. Remove the washer jet by using a screwdriver inside the double skinned area to pop out the plastic retaining tab. I used clear silicon sealer on both sides of the rubber gasket and refitted the jet. No more leaks from there!

·
LED Extraordinaire
8,458 Posts
[quote name=black knight]I recently had to remove the unfortunate corpse of a insect from mine, god knows how it got in there! :question: [/quote]

I get this on a regular basis.... i cant work out how the buggers get in either :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.