Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Big Megger
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. My old man has a Mondeo MK1 1.8, he lost all his water on the M25. F****d up the cylinder head. it was caused by the metal water tube under the front left side of the engine. it had corroded and burst. I'd say check the condition of yours ASAP. A £10 bit of pipe could save you £££hundreds.

Bloke at garage said "thats the second this week!"

Is the MK2 2.0L the same. i have not got under mine yet.

·
Big Megger
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers Steve. i take it then, that the black top Zetec's do not have the same tube.

·
Still waiting to Wii
2,710 Posts
yeah, mine's FUBR'd, should probably change it soon.

·
Turbo Boost Me!
1,018 Posts
GJW said:
Cheers Steve. i take it then, that the black top Zetec's do not have the same tube.
The blacktops have a similar tube and they do start to corrode around the bracket that holds it on, Mine had just started to rust so I cleaned it up an painted it up

·
One time Mondeo owner - now an outlaw!
6,199 Posts
I take it this will apply to the silver top mk2 then?

·
Big Megger
207 Posts
Is this the pipe that runs just behind the offside wheel splash panels ?

Cheers.

John

·
Turbo Boost Me!
1,018 Posts
yes, It fastens on the sump on a mk1 and 2 and on later Mk2's with the blacktop it fastens on the side of the sump or is it the oil pump, Cant remember with out looking

·
Big Megger
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ah yes but also dont forget the steel pipe that runs in front of the exhaust manifold. mines started to rot. i got a new one form ford £12. gonna put it on tomorrow.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.