Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evening all! A minor niggle, but I wonder if anybody else has experienced this.

My Mondeo mk3 TDCI hatchback (2006, 144k miles) is running pretty well (especially with regular applications of the Mr. Muscle turbo cleaning technique), but I keep noticing a damp patch in the front left passenger footwell. It has been sightly damp under the floor mat for most of the year since I bought the car.

I think it's due to rain from above rather than splashback from surface water - or could it be that the car is leaking fluid?

There are no particular smells apart from a slight damp smell (so it's not diesel, or coolant, hopefully!).

Anyway, I was wondering if there are any known leaky points. I stupidly forgot to check the underside for dings when I was doing the oil change over my brother's maintenance pit a couple of weeks ago, but it seems that the carpet is damper when we've had a night of heavy rain, so I guess it's coming from above rather than below.

Car seems rust-free - nothing was remarked on at last MOT (March 2016).

Nothing seems to be faulty - windscreen washers are all working (except the rear doesn't squirt, but I have solved that by never using the rear screen washer), etc. No damp in the roof, either (no sunroof to leak, unlike my previous vehicle!).

Over to you!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi there, thank you for those recommendations!

I've done the pollen filter job; now just waiting for some rain to see whether it has been effective. The seal seemed fairly intact, but have now replaced with a load of silicone.

I'll look at the washer next time I've got a spare couple of hours.

Thanks again!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts