Ford Automobiles Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi New to the site.

I have a mondeo mk4 that I have recently bought with an MOT for another 12 months noticed behind the grill after I have bought the car some damage to a cross member?
Can somebody tell me what this part does, should it have passed an MOT and is this part being damaged a safety or structural issue?

I can't seem to add a picture, but will try and upload a couple so you know what I mean?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also if somebody could give me an idea on a repair cost or even if it’s worth getting repaired from a safety point of view.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Hi

Part No. seems to be 1759667 for all MK4's, £20 second hand just over £40 new on eBay. Hardest task of swapping will be removing and replacing bumper cover.

Peter

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How can I add a picture so you can see what I mean? I want to make sure it’s legal and not structural as it has passed an MOT and seems to have been like it for some time?

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Hi

To add a photo simply select More Reply Options, bottom right hand corner. Then select Choice File, select your photo, then Attach This File. Provided it is the correct size it will be added to your post.

If you add the part no from my above post into eBay you will see pics of the bar I assume you are asking about. This is designed to distort and absorb and dissipate energy in a collision.

Peter

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all the info.
Il get it sorted was just wondering as it's never failed an MOT. I'm guessing this would be checked and is all ok for a road worthy point of view. One of the damaged pieces seem to be the bit the bonnet fastens too.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Hi

If you wanted to tackle seller with help for repair costs you could check with another garage/mot station. If they sold you a car with a dodgy mot they may help rather than risk loosing there ability to offer mot services.

Peter

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It looks like the damage has been there some time and it has had a regular service by ford and never failed an MOT. I am guessing the damage isn’t enough to fail an MOT? Got it booked into to be looked at this week so we shall see?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts