Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As some of you know, ive had my car 2 weeks.... its a 2.0 tddi on a y... high on the miles 141,000 i paid 2,500 and thought it was a good price, because of this jerk i have i phoned the garage where it was always taken before i bought it, (this is in worksop) its got full service histroy so thought they would maybe know why it jerked.....

Anyway i rang the number in the service book, the guy who answered said yes he knew the car, that it had always been looked after and the reason it was sold............get ready for this.................. it needs a new flywheel and a clutch...i say ok thanx and phone my local ford dealer... they tell me i'm looking at 750- 800... worried sick i take the car to them... they look at the car for about a hour and then say to me "whats its doing clutch wise.....how much vibration do you get?".......nothing it feels fine, ford told me you cant tell by looking at the flywheel or the clutch because they dont show wear.....

So i think what i'm saying is dont trust all garages, i wont from now on....my car is a minter and i think this poor guy that sold it spent that much on it that when this garage said flywheel and clutch he couldnt take anymore and sold the car....

They never did answer me as to why the car jerked a bit.....ive had more help off here than the garage.....

·
still lost
1,372 Posts
[quote name=TDCi 160+]Theres only one garage i trust and thats my mates which is posted in garage reviews! [/quote]
same here i know a small back street one that ive always used just had the cam belt done an the pulleys for £150 he spoted the fanbelt tensioner was knackered so put one one for free

·
TDDI Buff
37,060 Posts
id just wait until it stops working thats the best thing then your getting the most out of it just make sure you got breakdown cover just incase :L

·
Man in a Jag
15,051 Posts
[quote name=TDCi 160+]Theres only one garage i trust and thats my mates which is posted in garage reviews! [/quote]
If theres anything major that needs doing to my car, then I might just give him a call :L

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.