Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

saved some money from overtime and looking to replace the head unit.

Must have for me good Bluetooth, controls from the steering wheel and amp connection for sub

Bonus is can add a rear camera as well as can connect a USB for songs

looking for max £200 or so

·
Premium Member
488 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
That's niceeee mate how much if you don't mind me asking and is it plug n play?

Oops just noticed the link 🤣
The price is more than reasonable I would say... ;) It's more or less plug and play whichever way you look at it. It comes with all cables and connections, and where all connections go, is pretty much self explanatory.

There are a lot of youtube-videoes that shows how to install these units in Fords and other brands.
I found this very useful:

At first I found the sound a litte weak, but then I found the amplifier control... It plays just as loud and clear as the original Sony unit that was in my car. The EQ and DSP are also very good. I've got an iPhone, so the phonelink works, but not great, so I decided to get a twin SIM-card for the unit so that it is online without needing to share through phone every time. That way I also call up and recieve calls directly on the unit, and I've installed the apps I use instead of mirroring my phone.

I found the internal microphone a little weak, so I connected the external mic and mounted it above the rear view mirror. Made a great difference. I also chose to mount the GPS antenna by the A pillar on the dashboard, but I probably didn't need to. I guess it works fine by just leaving it behind the unit.

I've also gotten great support from the store on AliExpress about the little things I've wondered about.

·
Super Moderator
31,063 Posts
11 year old quad core CPU with just 2GB of RAM and a Capacitive touch screen. Seems like a lot of money for that
spec especially with only 32GB of storage.

·
Premium Member
488 Posts

·
Little Megger
100 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts