Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi peeps

hope you guys can help

my freind has a 06 st-tdci and i have a 02 tdci 130.

the body panals are a no go as they are all crash damaged. but what could i take off the car for a straight swop. i would like the engine,gear box (mine is 5spd) cluth, suspension and brake calipers etc. could i just tkae thes bits off and have them fitted in mine or would i need some of the electrics like the ecu etc?. hes already sold the interior (just my luck) would anyone suggest grabbing anything else off it ? thanks :thankyousign:

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Aren't the brakes the same across the whole Mk3 range, or does the ST get beefier ones? Suspension should transfer straight across (does the ST have thicker ARB's?) but I wouldn't bother with the engine and gearbox as I suspect that will be a lot of work (eg ECU, loom, different driveshafts?)....

Depends how much of a project you want :}

Chris

·
TDDI Buff
37,060 Posts
the brakes are the same accross the range the suspention setup id sifferent though but u cant just take the shocks and springs and put them on yours.

i would get al lthe switches inside if possible they go for a few quid and the speedo and heater panel and interior trims

·
TDDI Buff
37,060 Posts
maybe it rolled

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hi guys

no the panels have shot it, it did roll, he,s sold the complete interior inc switches etc. dont want to much of a job so looks like the engine will be to much of a hassle. would like the callipers and discs though if thats just a straight swop. if i cant have the engine maybe its worth taking of starter motor etc as car has only done 6000miles. thanks for your replies so far :thankyousign: :L

·
TDDI Buff
37,060 Posts
i would definately get the rear calipers just incase theyre not a big problem on the mk3 but some people have problems with them so if u have a spare set ull be ok if anything does happen.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
hi guys sorry not been on for a while...bit busy at the mo, few problems to deal with and car got broke into... will be bk in a cpl of days but any advice would still be great thx guys

:L

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.