Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 1998 Posts

·
Gold Member
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just general discussion really..as per title any interesting stories, updates, cleans, mechanics or changes or nice drives out etc :L

Reactions: BunkerMan

·
Likes to chat
3,074 Posts
Cleaned my shed out an took a load of stuff to the tip. An the mondeo is spot on fot that wi the huge boot

mondeo mk4 2L diesel 2008 stardust silver

·
Premium Member
52 Posts
Gave it a wash and polished and waxed the bonnet - too much car to polish it all at once!

·
MEG Corporal
2,722 Posts
Gave it a wash and polished and waxed the bonnet - too much car to polish it all at once!
Same here, wash it and polish a different part to the previous time...not today though.

Loaded my tools in to the boot and went round my mums to do a bit of DIY. As above, the MK4 boot is huge...no need to put tool boxes on the back seats any more (as I did with my MK2)

·
Gold Member
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I gave it a good clean and polish and found 2 more stone chips on the bonnet and little ding on the door (must be supermarket or shops!! I'm scared to clean it as I always seem to find another one :dang: .. I guess one downside to the width of the car is filling the small parking bays!

·
Registered
151 Posts
I fitted a new back interior light because my daughter decided to push the button right inside the old one and u couldn't fix it. Got it from a scarper on ebay for £20 then got told it's only £25 brand new from ford ????

08 Mk4 mondeo estate zetec tdci

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Slightly cheating, as I did it Saturday and only just saw this thread.

Changed front discs and pads.

Thought it was going g to take a hour and a half, tops but it ended up being a seven hour job. The dis s on the car were the originals, and we're shiny, grooved and pitted. They were also mega rusty... No problem though... So I thought.

Started off by putting the car up o a set of Jack stands and chocking the back wheels. Then realised that the slide pins are a 7mm Allen... Which I don't have. Wheels back on, car down and off to Halfords. 3 quid for a bloody 7mm Allen driver (3/8" drive).

On with the shit show. Back upon stands wheel off each side, started on passenger side first. Caliper slide pi s unscrewed nice but carrier bolts were super tight. Cracked them loose and took the carrier off then started removing the two small washers that hold the disc on. Grabbed my hammer and gave a gentle tap or 10 on the hat inbetween the studs. No way it was shifting. To cut a long story short, it took 3 hours, 2 cans of shock and unlock and a 10lb sledge hammer plus crow bar to get it off. Ended up shattering the outer disc off the hat, then levering the hat off the hub. The disc was so corroded it was unreal. Would have used the two bolt method but had no suitable bolts.

Driver side was the same, except some moron had rounded off the upper slide pin Allen hole. Freaking great! It was also sized solid into the calliper and not come g out with mole grips. It took a little creativity to reassemble the caliper with one pin still screwed into the caliper but I managed it. After reapplying copper grease to the pads several times because I kept touching them by accident, finally got it back together.

Brakes are working great. Will be either using some propane or getting g a new caliper to sort that drivers side pin not coming out next time I do a pad change.

Posted Via The Free TalkFord.com App

·
Gold Member
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Just gave it a full valet inside an out

mondeo mk4 2L diesel 2008 stardust silver
I bet that took a few hours! I usually do one or the other..I hope it didn't rain after :L

1 - 20 of 1998 Posts