Ford Automobiles Forum banner
3101 - 3120 of 3192 Posts

·
Mondeo Lover
828 Posts
thats the undersealing all done, looks great, first time ive seen the car underneath without any visible rust patches, hopefully the vactan and underseal last a while.

must admit, i hate taking the wheels off the thing though, every time i do i find something that needs replaced, from starting this undersealing job ive noticed i need 2 lower arms, 2 drop links and now ive noticed i need a cv boot.

·
Clever Clauggs
4,364 Posts
Davie come and do my 18yo rustbucket. sorry 19yo

Hate renovated websites have to get my mind out of slumber,bit like getting round to doing repairs.

·
Clever Clauggs
4,364 Posts
Caliper carrier nuts arrived in large envolope, one thing for sure is packet should not be lost or overlooked.

Sent from my POT-LX1 using Tapatalk

·
Mondeo Lover
828 Posts
not today but over the weekend there I finished all the bits that I had to fix, 2 new lower arms, 2 new drop links and a CV boot done, also got the front wheel alignment done, cars driving better than ever has in my ownership, no knocks or bangs, smooth as silk and actually stays straight when I let go of the wheel. Now that the underneath is all undersealed and the mechanicals are done, its time to get on with replacing the passenger side wing that I've had in the shed for 3 years, then sort the back arches out. Just over a month until MOT time, then the decision has to be made, do I keep it or sell it... hmmm thats gonna be a hard one as it really is driving nice right now.

In the last few years I've done...

Clutch and Flywheel
Injectors
Crank pulley, tensioner, belt and alternator pulley mod
Timing chain, tensioner and guides
Engine mounts
Brand new front subframe
All blue silicone boost hoses
Various arms, links, shafts and bushes.
Pioneer Double din with fusion sub and reverse cam

its basically only the bodywork letting it down, if I can sort it all to a decent standard then I'd be stupid to get rid of it, right? its done 155,000 miles.

·
Clever Clauggs
4,364 Posts
Been out in ideal wet weather to use a tooth brush on all the ledges and edges on the car to clean moss and dirt.

·
Little Megger
4,453 Posts
not today but over the weekend there I finished all the bits that I had to fix, 2 new lower arms, 2 new drop links and a CV boot done, also got the front wheel alignment done, cars driving better than ever has in my ownership, no knocks or bangs, smooth as silk and actually stays straight when I let go of the wheel. Now that the underneath is all undersealed and the mechanicals are done, its time to get on with replacing the passenger side wing that I've had in
I'd be stupid to get rid of it, right? its done 155,000 miles.
Too right! It's barely run in!

Reactions: DavieWeegie

·
Clever Clauggs
4,364 Posts
Well Mondy failed Mot on front spring, thought i heard a knotchy noise other week but never got round to recheck in this on/off rain, bugga there goes my 3yr pass rate,was hoping for straight clean pass to make it 4yrs for this old rust bucket.

·
Mondeo Lover
828 Posts
thats quite a result in my book, if I can get mine through next month with just something like that I'll be happy.

·
Clever Clauggs
4,364 Posts
Had a feeling this spring would let me down as i've changed the other three corners just could not find the enthusiasm and dry cool days to change last one.

·
Hiding under a Rock
662 Posts
a new one came into a breaker so went to grab 5000 RDS CD changer compatible cassette player. came across 3-4 but one was 4000 (not CD changer compatible) and the others were all something wrong with them, either some switch is broken or code is missing etc.
but i did pull a water outlet (at the back of the head) off facelift duratec. i ll have to take a closer look at it next couple of days to see how easy it will be to install a temperature sensor. it was raining when i was at the breakers and i was a bit wet by the time i finished...

·
Clever Clauggs
4,364 Posts
A bit unlucky the spring snapped before mot I checked this other week and would definitely have seen this.

Sent from my POT-LX1 using Tapatalk

·
Hiding under a Rock
662 Posts
Went to another breaker in search for 5000 RDS EON. Found two, one with rotary volume control and the other with rocker switch. Unfortunately the rotary one has pretty mangled knob so picked up the other one. Only $5 so if I'm not satisfied with it, I can get a rotary one if/when it comes up.

·
Clever Clauggs
4,364 Posts
Finally all four coil springs are renewed and the slap bump noise over uneven road has also gone result.

·
Registered
Mondeo Feb 2007 Tdci Ghia X
65 Posts
Hi folks. Not today but this week, New drop links all round, out with the angle grinder again! MOT passed 2 advisories 1 n/s bottom ball joint slight wear and 2 rust on brake pipe front to rear but only in about an inch area? Thinking put in a patch? I just don't know?
Any way nothing too bad
😁

·
Mondeo Lover
828 Posts
ive got the full genuine ford front to back brake pipes here, brand new in the box, the steel ones with the coating on them, flared at each end with the proper fittings, just plug and play, I'm looking to punt them on for around £50 but whoever buys would need to arrange courier as the box is huge with them being all one piece.

·
Registered
Mondeo Feb 2007 Tdci Ghia X
65 Posts
That's a good price. I only had them all replaced 2 yrs ago so can't think why that has happened. Only thing I can think is that when they were replaced the garage sprayed underneath with underseal and when it went for MOT the tester scraped some off to check pipes and therefore left open to the elements? I just don't know? That is why I was contemplating splicing in a new piece with flares and all.
Forgot to add that got 2 new clamp bolts for strut to hub for when I replace shock suppose it's not too bad for a 14 yr old with 180000 miles.:oops:
By the way, anybody tell me the way to get car info at the bottom of posts?

3101 - 3120 of 3192 Posts