Ford Automobiles Forum banner
3121 - 3140 of 3270 Posts

·
Mondeo Lover
846 Posts
click on your picture at the top right then go to account settings, then signature and add something in there and it will appear at the bottom of your posts.

·
8 gears or more please
TrevorB BMW320 M Sport 2020 M Sport Pro Pack. Tech Pack (Head Up Display)
5,495 Posts
NWSavvy, go into your profile then signature, put info in signatureedit, sorry did not see the last post giving info!¡

·
Dash cams, catch 'em out :)
13,164 Posts
I spent an hour making little progress on a project I want to do.

Ive printed off the three different types of factory phone kit fitted in the mk3, plus had a quick look to see what phone prep kit items were already fitted in my centre console.

It looks like Ive got almost all the parts there for one type of phone installation, minus one cable and an actual phone holder. Sadly its not the type of system I want to try to install.

The type I want has a bigger, nicer looking phone holder, but uses totally different components inside the centre console.

I’ve printed the catcar pages with the finis numbers on, but wonder if someone used to using zap put put up links to the zap pages with the same info, as they should also have the engineering numbers for the parts.

I’ll post up the parts diagrams of the three different systems.
I do want the larger cradle, but if I can’t get things to work I might have to try to source the skinny phone cradle type, but haven’t seen one of those for sale in years.

·
13,164 Posts
This is the module in my mk3, it’s quite different to the type I want, and had different plugs/cables.

Edit: I just looked at Zap and could only see finis numbers, with no engineering numbers showing.

·
Megger
2,422 Posts
Only thing I did with my Mondie today was take a 200k anniversary photo!

Speedometer Odometer Tachometer Car Motor vehicle

And she is still running really sweetly. Due an oil change which will happen in the next few days. Some rattling around the various suspension parts which may entail a major suspension refurb of anything with a rubber bush.

·
Hiding under a Rock
709 Posts
Only thing I did with my Mondie today was take a 200k anniversary photo!

View attachment 257736

And she is still running really sweetly. Due an oil change which will happen in the next few days. Some rattling around the various suspension parts which may entail a major suspension refurb of anything with a rubber bush.
you should've reset the trip meter!

·
Hiding under a Rock
709 Posts
I was hoping to order upper rad hose to chop in half and fit a coolant sensor adaptor in the middle but neither eurocarparts or gsf have them in stock. i don't have much faith in ebay items since last time expansion tank split on when installed and filled up.

·
Little Megger
4,501 Posts
And put some anniversary diesel in it!

·
13,164 Posts
I’ve just added this thread about retrofitting a phone kit on the site.
Any help or advice would be appreciated :)

·
13,164 Posts
Did a bit more on the car phone today, but am going to need an adapter lead to join two different plug types together.

Can any of you identify this type of plug on the end of the phone aerial cable. This is the cable that runs from the phone mount up to the roof aerial.

·
Registered
Mondeo Feb 2007 Tdci Ghia X
65 Posts
Hi all. In preparation for replacing the bottom ball joint at the front I have been soaking all around with my mix of paraffin and ATF. Today I spent time on ensuring all bolts etc were free and will come apart thereby leaving just the ball joint rivets to remove and bolt the new one in. All done and dusted now:)
Take care all
Barrie

·
Registered
129 Posts
Did a bit more on the car phone today, but am going to need an adapter lead to join two different plug types together.

Can any of you identify this type of plug on the end of the phone aerial cable. This is the cable that runs from the phone mount up to the roof aerial.

View attachment 257778

View attachment 257779
If it were me doing that job, id just cut the plug off and fit standard SMA/RP-SMA plugs to both sections of coax and use a SMA coupling, they are cheap and easily obtained and available for various coax sizes

You could fit a socket to one end and a plug to the other which would remove the need for a coupling adapter and would reduce some of the RF loss each connection introduces, the socket is fitted to the coax just like a plug.

·
13,164 Posts
If it were me doing that job, id just cut the plug off and fit standard SMA/RP-SMA plugs to both sections of coax and use a SMA coupling, they are cheap and easily obtained and available for various coax sizes

You could fit a socket to one end and a plug to the other which would remove the need for a coupling adapter and would reduce some of the RF loss each connection introduces, the socket is fitted to the coax just like a plug.
My original plan was that if I could connect between the FAKRA plug and what I thought was an SMA plug it wouldn’t involve cutting anything at all.

I don’t want to cut the FAKRA plug from the phone mount, as that would affect any resale or refit value.

The SMA end of the FAKRA/SMA adapter cable I bought wont fit the connector in the car, so joining two cut ends with SMA plugs might be a good option.

Can you post up sone links for plugs suitable for 3mm diameter cables with multi core stranded inner cables rather than single core inners?

Edited to later add.
Having a quick sit down to think about this job, the simplest and most original solution became obvious…….Look for a universal FAKRA repair plug to fit to the existing aerial cable :)

I’ve found one and ordered it. If it all goes well the system will be back to having all the correct plugs that would have been fitted to a final facelift car from the factory :)

Reactions: dojj

·
13,164 Posts
I finished fitting the final facelift factory phone kit today.
I’m quite pleased with how it looks.

I’ll still use the bluetooth from my head unit with normal mobile phones, but the factory kit and old Nokia phone all work if needed.

·
Hiding under a Rock
709 Posts
Randomly browsing through UP Garage in Japan (for those who don't know it's supposedly stand for "Used Parts" Garage and apparently stock mostly high quality and hardly used second hand parts (I'm guessing mostly JDM stuff).
Guess what I found the other day - a set of NOS Eibach lowering springs for estates for only USD70. Although shipping is 5 times the price... Can't believe anyone wants to soup up a mondeo in Japan...

3121 - 3140 of 3270 Posts