4,011 Posts
well, i went form this

to this

to this

it's only taken me 3 years to swap over lol

·
Super Moderator
29,781 Posts
3 years to swap, if your like me thats fairly quick and your likely to sell the car soon. :D

·
Resident Wrestling Legend
4,011 Posts
I spent approx 5 hours doing this, but mostly I was also cleaning up the mess from when I'd stripped the rear subframe

·
Dash cams, catch 'em out :)
13,104 Posts
I spent approx 5 hours doing this, but mostly I was also cleaning up the mess from when I'd stripped the rear subframe
Why would you want to do something via a cable?

·
Mondeo Lover
822 Posts
its a PASS!

very happy with that, rear tyre slightly worn on outside and oil leak but no excessive.

the oil leak is just some sitting on the undertray from when I did the timing chain, I shouldve cleaned up it to save an advisory.

·
4,011 Posts
Why would you want to do something via a cable?
The Bluetooth connection fits into the same slot as the aux so some things I have are so old they don't have Bluetooth connectivity so need a wire

Plus it looks nice :ROFLMAO:

·
13,104 Posts
The Bluetooth connection fits into the same slot as the aux so some things I have are so old they don't have Bluetooth connectivity so need a wire

Plus it looks nice :ROFLMAO:
You could fit a factory bluetooth module possibly.
Those work well with modern phones, so should be able to do music via bluetooth.

The module that looks like this in the pic below.
This one is phone only, but there are phone/bluetooth and phone/bluetooth/voice control models.

·
4,011 Posts
I've got one of them, but no wiring
Plus it's very bulky compared to the half a small match box if the bt unit I've fitted

·
13,104 Posts
I've got one of them, but no wiring
Plus it's very bulky compared to the half a small match box if the bt unit I've fitted
If you ever decide to go the factory bluetooth, or voice command route you’ll only need to get one piece of loom.

It clips out the way under the fascia.

·
Mk3 4 LYFE
374 Posts
Randomly browsing through UP Garage in Japan (for those who don't know it's supposedly stand for "Used Parts" Garage and apparently stock mostly high quality and hardly used second hand parts (I'm guessing mostly JDM stuff).
Guess what I found the other day - a set of NOS Eibach lowering springs for estates for only USD70. Although shipping is 5 times the price... Can't believe anyone wants to soup up a mondeo in Japan...
I can. I mean why not?

·
Hiding under a Rock
659 Posts
i should have added in the earlier post why anyone would buy an estate and lower it... sort of defeats the purpose, doesn't it?
imho, that thing makes awful noise and not going anywhere fast with the hammer down.
i was led to believe st220 was a decent car!

·
13,104 Posts
I can. I mean why not?

That vid sounds like whoever was driving was keeping the car at between 5500-6500rpm a lot of the time.
That engine would get very very hot at that rpm when going so slowly.

·
13,104 Posts
I changed my headlights from being auto height adjusting to manual adjusting.
This was because there was a fault somewhere in one of the headlight position sensors, so it was easiest to just change to manual.

I also added two spare loom runs into the engine bay for use in future projects.

Cables ready for pulling through the bulkhead.

·
13,104 Posts
New live feed for drivers side headlight, and spare loom.

·
13,104 Posts
passenger side.

·
13,104 Posts
Spare loom runs coiled in the cabin ready for storing behind the glovebox.

3141 - 3160 of 3185 Posts