Ford Automobiles Forum banner
3161 - 3180 of 3192 Posts

·
Dash cams, catch 'em out :)
13,118 Posts
Here s a pic of a replacement cover on mine.

You can leave most of the cracked one in place, and just superglue the replacement over it.
Superglue glues rubber very well. Applying grip ties just makes the job look neater.

A good tip is to fill a syringe with grease and inject fresh grease into the broken cover until the joint is filled with grease.

Musical instrument Idiophone Bell Automotive tire Gas

·
Resident Wrestling Legend
4,011 Posts
my biggest issue is removing the hub to swap it out
the last time i did that i ended up needing a new driveshaft as i popped the needle roller bearings out :(

·
Dash cams, catch 'em out :)
13,118 Posts
I added a pre facelift strap to my rear armrest. I had previously had a strap I’d made from infra red leather, but this one matches the armrest better as it has the correct stitching to match the rest of the interior.
As the pre facelift armrests were a different design I had to modify this strap to fit, but think it looks like it was fitted from new.
Hood Automotive design Automotive exterior Motor vehicle Vehicle door

Reactions: Macmondy3L

·
Hiding under a Rock
663 Posts
it must have been a couple of months since i ve done anything. (other than thinking about how to route reverse camera wiring)
took all wheels off for rotation.
also drained gearbox oil (MTX-75).
should one corner be higher than the others for more thorough drainage.
on the bad news front, i'm seeing a bit of coolant leak, not too bad though.

·
Go On.....I'm All Ears...
1,947 Posts
Well not today but a couple of days ago the old girl failed the MOT on ‘Handbrake not effective!!!’ Everything else fine and dandy but hey-Ho bloody rear calliper change time then. as they were rusty/crusty as anything didn’t fancy my chances of ‘freeing’ them up and the handbrake cables looked real bad also ( over 20 years old now though!) So doing some yoo-toob research reveals the biggest problem might be the caliper rubber hose line being siezed onto the rigid metal pipeline on the car body. So plenty of plus-gas the day before and They did come free eventually but had to go really careful not to twist the copper brake line in the Union as it is as soft as a pensioners turd!
So new handbrake cables, new callipers and pads along with flexi hoses later all is good, actually spent longer bleeding the brakes then it took to fit all the new kit!
Had to drop exhaust from the 3 rear rubber hangers to get to handbrake cables balance beam adjuster and thanks to Mondy-Zetecs for the Cable clips ( which don’t come with new cables!)

·
Clever Clauggs
4,367 Posts
Well save the leaking sidewall tyre, (illegal repair in tyre shops because of blow outs) , didn't go too well took all day, vulcanizing fluid past its best, over 8yrs old come to think about it, could not get tyre to pop and inflate need to use a garage forecourt air pump.edit- Inflated tyre at Sainsbury no joy still blowing bubbles new tyre time.

Sent from my POT-LX1 using Tapatalk

·
Hiding under a Rock
663 Posts
finished tyre rotation and went for a drive, the steering shake still there, maybe a bit worse.
also finished gearbox oil change. shift seems a bit smoother.

·
Clever Clauggs
4,367 Posts
Checked the tyre with sidewall leak after 5 days its barely losing any air,less than 1lb psi but still blowing very fine bubbles.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Hi

Considering how tyre sidewalls flex on every rotation of wheel, I would never trust this type of repair.

Peter

Reactions: mondy zetecs

·
Clever Clauggs
4,367 Posts
ST56 yes its not safe,i must of backed into a kerb but as i only use it around town nowadays i did a dodgy repair, NO tyre should be repaired on or beyond last line of the side tread pattern,

·
Hiding under a Rock
663 Posts
bought a top radiator hose from ford. surprisingly affordable at 30 quid.

·
Registered
63 Posts
bought a top radiator hose from ford. surprisingly affordable at 30 quid.
I diagnosed a split intercooler hose for a friend and, while checking the correct part number with a local Ford dealer, got quoted £126!!!!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

·
Hiding under a Rock
663 Posts
I didn't have a choice as none of the aftermarket guys had one in stock.
What's funny is I spotted a couple of used radiator hoses on eBay at 18 quid each. Must be pretty desperate if you have to buy a used one.
Back to Ford, I was quoted 100 quid for expansion tank and 250 for thermostat.

3161 - 3180 of 3192 Posts