Ford Automobiles Forum banner
3181 - 3200 of 3270 Posts

·
Hiding under a Rock
709 Posts
did compression test - surprisingly fresh given its mileage, 306000km (190180miles, if my calculation is correct)
1: 220 psi
2: 225 psi
3: 215 psi
4: 235 psi

·
Mondeo Lover
846 Posts
my mates going to buy the Mondeo off me for a grand, I'm happy with that price, mechnically its sound but bodywork lets it down a bit, In my ownership for 5 years I've spent £1300 buying the car and nearly £2500 on clutch and flywheel, injectors, timing chain, subframes, fuel pipes, brake pipes, arms and performance mods, I've loved the car and hated the car in equal measure and I would consider one again in the future if I found a really good one. (its not sold yet though so we will see)

I will still frequent this forum though and help out with anything I can help with as I have enjoyed my time here and just because I'm moving to a different car doesnt mean I need to move onto a different forum :)

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
and.... shes gone :(

waving goodbye was the hardest thing I've had to do, feel like I've lost a family member haha
Hi

A lot of people seem to also like Audi!

Peter

Reactions: DavieWeegie

·
Registered
808 Posts

waving goodbye was the hardest thing I've had to do, feel like I've lost a family member haha
I was like that when my old PUG 306 went to a new owner 🤣🤣,;I couldn’t let go of the key 🤣 dad had push me to let go,, James the new owner was laughing like fook

I agree with mate as I hate but love mine in equal measures,, be sad to let it go but also be glad to see the back of it I a small way 🤣

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
my mates going to buy the Mondeo off me for a grand, I'm happy with that price, mechnically its sound but bodywork lets it down a bit, In my ownership for 5 years I've spent £1300 buying the car and nearly £2500 on clutch and flywheel, injectors, timing chain, subframes, fuel pipes, brake pipes, arms and performance mods, I've loved the car and hated the car in equal measure and I would consider one again in the future if I found a really good one. (its not sold yet though so we will see)

I will still frequent this forum though and help out with anything I can help with as I have enjoyed my time here and just because I'm moving to a different car doesnt mean I need to move onto a different forum :)
Your mate look's to be getting a bargain...youv'e replaced everything!!

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

·
Mondeo Lover
846 Posts
it needs a new front wing, the back arches are in a bit of a state, and where the arch meets the sill just behind the back door is probably going to need welded fairly soon, also has a nasty scab just above the windscreen and various small dents and bubbles. the bodywork is the worst part about the car, if you could just put a new shell on like you can do with RC cars then I'd have kept it lol

·
Hiding under a Rock
709 Posts
bits ordered online finally came through after 4 days. due to lock down no click and collect, so have to pay GBP4 courier to wait for 4 days. given that it takes 30 minutes return trip to the shop, it's pretty poor (also other shops allow click and collect so not too happy with this outfit - price is ok but service isn't).
i'm getting 1/8" NPT and 3/8" NPT female weld-on bungs welded to the coolant outlet attached to the cylinder head, so I can control the fan directly (95 degree C on, 85 degree C off) and also have a sender for a proper water temperature gauge.
im also thinking about getting a water level warning system installed to the expansion tank.

·
Clever Clauggs
4,389 Posts
Started Mondeo up after a week stood ,saw a puff of blue smoke is this E10 petrol problem or engine problem, the E10 i put in a month ago just before petrol shortage queues.

·
Little Megger
4,501 Posts

Good luck with a different forum..... I'm also on the Renault forum for help with my daughters car, and quite frankly it's a real disappointment as they're really paranoid about divulging any technical/useful info..... I get more help from YouTube. Have been really spoiled after being on Talkford..

·
Super Moderator
30,019 Posts
Dad's got a Grand Scenic and the electric handbrake keeps popping up warnings. Other than swapping the
button the forum he used have not really offered any other help.

He asked about a good code reader to help find the fault and they recommended some overpriced generic handheld
box. It didnt even read the handbrake codes.

I said don't they have something more advanced but cheap enough for the home user but it seemed to be a no.

·
Little Megger
4,501 Posts
Dad's got a Grand Scenic and the electric handbrake keeps popping up warnings. Other than swapping the
button the forum he used have not really offered any other help.

He asked about a good code reader to help find the fault and they recommended some overpriced generic handheld
box. It didnt even read the handbrake codes.

I said don't they have something more advanced but cheap enough for the home user but it seemed to be a no.
Hi Purple, I've read stuff on the forum about code readers and they mostly say doesn't support the EPB, which I'm thinking means electronic parking brake. I've seen mention a DDT2000 and a Renault Clip (or cheaper clone)
p.s. Just found this, and someone writes they cleared a handbrake nag with one... (page 1)

·
Hiding under a Rock
709 Posts
Good luck with a different forum..... I'm also on the Renault forum for help with my daughters car, and quite frankly it's a real disappointment as they're really paranoid about divulging any technical/useful info..... I get more help from YouTube. Have been really spoiled after being on Talkford..
Is it FCF? Well, Citroen side of FCF was pretty helpful for me.

·
Hiding under a Rock
709 Posts
Hi, what's FCF? This was www.renaultforums.co.uk
It's short for French Car Forum(s)
They have a bunch of sub forums, covering the makes and models, Pugs, Citroens and Renaults. I haven't been there for a while but during my Citroen C5 days, I found the Citroen guys pretty helpful. I've never had Renaults so I can't comment on that - maybe the same guys from Renault Forums hang out there, which wouldnt be much help for you.

·
Hiding under a Rock
709 Posts
I was thinking about puddle light retrofit.
Does the factory puddle light only work when you approach the car, i.e. is it not much use when you step out of the car?
I had more of an issue when stepping on a puddle out of car than approaching a car.

3181 - 3200 of 3270 Posts