Ford Automobiles Forum banner
3261 - 3267 of 3267 Posts

·
Resident Wrestling Legend
4,055 Posts
How are your splash shields attached to your cars?
Mine doesn't quite look like this here (from catcar)

There are 5 square holes for Item 14 on the cross member - it's a red plastic clip thing. BUT! There are only 3 holes on the aft edge of the shield (one at each end and third in the middle). The shield has a large semi-circular cut out around the other two, you can't screw it down.
Items 4, 12 & 13 seem to be shown incorrectly too. They are all upside down for a starter.
Where items 4 (which looks like a plastic screw and an explanding plastic sleeve), there are metal screws and metal nut plates (looks like Items 13) (which is clipped on the bumper)
Items 12, are Torx 30 screws, going on to the red plastic clip (Item 14)
Items 13 - I don't know where this came from.
The crossmember has various holes in it to take the red plastic clips
You then use the screws to fix through the bumper undertray to these
The front and sides of this undertray fix to the bumper and inner wheel arches
Don't do them up too tight but do nip them up
The extra holes are there for the much larger second underengine cover to fit into
I might have pics somewhere showing this
Once you see it it will all make sense

·
Resident Wrestling Legend
4,055 Posts
Also, the diagram is very confusing
5 and 14 are correct
4, 12 and 13 aren't

·
Mondeo Lover
846 Posts
my poor ST TDCI is going to the big car scrapyard in the sky :(

my mate who I sold it to wrote it off last night, its in a mess and hes lucky he wasnt injured, from front to back all along the passenger side is totalled. The amount of money I sank into that car and he had it less than 2 months and now its dead, its not even my car anymore and I'm gutted.

·
Registered
808 Posts
my poor ST TDCI is going to the big car scrapyard in the sky :(

my mate who I sold it to wrote it off last night, its in a mess and hes lucky he wasnt injured, from front to back all along the passenger side is totalled. The amount of money I sank into that car and he had it less than 2 months and now its dead, its not even my car anymore and I'm gutted.
Holy cow hope he’s ok,, I know how you feel I felt like that when I scrapped the 170 😢

·
Hiding under a Rock
709 Posts
A bit drama with refilling the cooling system etc.
at first it was leaking from the water outlet going to the thermostat. That lasted about an hour but later on the hose eventually seemed to have settle, maybe something to do with re-forming itself onto the new hose tail.
The hose looked ok but then I couldn't be bothered with that one, having the worst access.
Will go for a proper drive tomorrow and see how it goes.
The other issue I came across was the fan controller - I think I might have messed something up, so it kicked in around 90 but wouldnt cut out by 80. And as you know Mondeo fan doesn't bring the temperature down much below 80, so it was running constantly. (Of course if the engine is shut off for long enough it goes below 70 ish and all is well but you can't do that in real life driving)

·
Hiding under a Rock
709 Posts
no leaks i could see today so im happy.
fan kicks in 98 and does cut out at low 80s so hopefully it stays that way. the adjusting screw seemed a bit loose so i melted candle wax over.

3261 - 3267 of 3267 Posts