3681 - 3685 of 3685 Posts

·
Little Megger
4,823 Posts
Yeah, they do that.

·
Registered
361 Posts
i think front side windows max tint is 75% VLT (or whatever the acronym it's supposed to be), rear glasses are 35%.
when i take it for annual inspection, i keep the front windows all the way down, lol.
Here you are allowed 75% vlt on the fronts which is almost what the factory tint on the glass has so my super light 75% vlt additional tint will put it over but won't be silly dark.
The rears can be as dark as you like, I have 20% vlt on my rear sides and rear screen.

This is what my windows look like:
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

·
Hiding under a Rock
1,005 Posts
I've never had tinted car so didn't know any better but 35% all around seems perfect to me. It looks quite dark from outside and hard to see thru, but from inside, it's perfect. And it looks far nicer with all glasses (minus windshield) - split VLT for front and rear side glasses detracts from asthetics, methinks.
Although, I was in someone's car as a passenger with very very dark tint all around at night once and that was rather claustrophobic.
I don't know if VLT limit is for safety purpose or police surveilence purpose (some random told me this). For my next car, I'll definitely get it tinted as well and maybe experiement with different VLT.

·
Registered
361 Posts
I've never had tinted car so didn't know any better but 35% all around seems perfect to me. It looks quite dark from outside and hard to see thru, but from inside, it's perfect. And it looks far nicer with all glasses (minus windshield) - split VLT for front and rear side glasses detracts from asthetics, methinks.
Although, I was in someone's car as a passenger with very very dark tint all around at night once and that was rather claustrophobic.
I don't know if VLT limit is for safety purpose or police surveilence purpose (some random told me this). For my next car, I'll definitely get it tinted as well and maybe experiement with different VLT.
In the UK the laws argument is for safety but i think being able to see inside the car has something to do with it too.

Totally agree with you about the split tint, all windows done looks a million times better.

My car is already pretty dark inside when looking in from outside, the rears being so dark coupled with the mild factory tint on the fronts and my black leather interior makes it dark inside, once i add the tint to the fronts i will use that as a reason why any officers think my fronts look dark ha ha.

Need to pull my finger out and get it done, ive had the light tint sitting here for ages but been too lazy to put it on.

·
Registered
361 Posts
got the waxing on the body finished, looking like a mirror again :cool:

Just have the front and rear bumpers and the door shuts left to do now.

Havent been keeping it waxed or even washing it while i didnt have an MOT, i didnt want to stand out, its been 6 months of trying to keep a low profile and its been hard work getting it back to how i like it but im a happy bunny and my car feels mine again :)

Car Vehicle Land vehicle Wheel Tire

3681 - 3685 of 3685 Posts