Ford Automobiles Forum banner
3721 - 3740 of 3786 Posts

·
Registered
Mondeo mk3 tdci titanium 2006 170k miles + mondeo mk3 2004 st tdci 123k miles
443 Posts
6 speed? are there 2 different shifters for reverse selection for 6 speed?
i deleted reverse lockout on my 5 speed but still lift the collar out of habit lol
Yes 6 speed
I think older Mk3's didnt have the pull up collar. It was just a hard push left

·
I Love Diesel
2,577 Posts
Interesting. I wonder if this would stop the stick-shaker experience I get in 5th gear sometimes in my ST220 (although I've all but stopped it with foam padding under the cables anyway). I should probably check that a previous owner hasn't already done this mod and actually caused the problem.

I've read about the pros and cons of this type of thing, but how does a manufacturer decide what is optimal for any particular car? In this case, I'm not sure it's worth the hassle for 2cm less throw, or maybe it is?

·
I Love Diesel
2,577 Posts
A few days ago I kerbed one of my ST220 alloys and basically ruined it. :mad: These things happen, but it's particularly annoying, as I believe a previous owner had purchased the last set of brand new ST220 wheels available from Ford a few years ago, and they were in near perfect condition.

If this wasn't bad enough, it set in motion a bizarre series of blunders on my part that I'm finding very hard to get my head round. :confused:

·
Hiding under a Rock
1,054 Posts
installed D ring at each top corner of the sub box to secure with bungee cord.
made a mistake of drilling one pilot hole a bit too large so JB weld that one.
next, to make a custom grille.

·
Hiding under a Rock
1,054 Posts
some geezer just listed a mk2 2 litre auto for ~3000 quid your money, can you believe it. sure it's only done 74000km but who's gonna fork out that sort of money for 25 year old middle of the road spec car... a big crack in the middle of the front bumper, scrapes on rear bumper. probably cambelt is due too. otherwise looks tidy.

·
Registered
445 Posts
some geezer just listed a mk2 2 litre auto for ~3000 quid your money, can you believe it. sure it's only done 74000km but who's gonna fork out that sort of money for 25 year old middle of the road spec car... a big crack in the middle of the front bumper, scrapes on rear bumper. probably cambelt is due too. otherwise looks tidy.
Yes but its a Mk2 that does not have cracked bumpers held together with duct tape, its the holy grail pmsl....

But yeah, its a crappy auto with a 2.0L and only GLX spec, id expect a Ghia x V6 with a manual box for that money!

·
Super Moderator
31,698 Posts
Been a fairly long time since I have seen a MK2 with duck taped bumpers. Still see the odd MK2 around.
Usually tidy ones.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Been a fairly long time since I have seen a MK2 with duck taped bumpers. Still see the odd MK2 around.
Usually tidy ones.
I only see two round here, one is a very nice ST200 and the other is a battered basic model with sooooo much duct tape lol, i also see a Mk1 now and then.

See a Mk2 Sierra hatch fairly often but its not loved and always filthy which is a shame but once in a while i see a Grey sapphire cosworth that must be local and drool, those are the most beautiful ford ever made in my opinion.

·
Hiding under a Rock
1,054 Posts
spliced centre fascia switch lights. the car came with only 3(?) switches, being a bargain basement model - rear screen demister, hazard light and tailgate release.
subsequently i plugged every switch space with one but only connected top row switches to illumination wires.
while i had the fascia out for single din radio install kit bog job (long story but i still wasn't satisfied with how it turned out, so physically glued it to centre fascia), i figured i'd better re-wire the bottom row switches so they get illumination as well. (except that only 2 of 5 switches are connected to do anything and one of them is a switch converted from cup holder so it doesn't have a light anyway - so mostly pointless exercise, for now)

·
Hiding under a Rock
1,054 Posts
boring stuff. cut subwoofer grille out of perforated stainless steel sheet.
cutting stainless with angle grinder is such as messy job.

·
Hiding under a Rock
1,054 Posts
im not sure if thats a good idea - that'll burn the wood (smells) and will still give out dust (cutting disc dust, i mean)
but yeah i suppose that'll reduce/eliminate the sparks.
i need to cut aluminum sheet tomorrow, to be honest, they are the worst.
guillotine for the win!

·
Registered
Mondeo mk3 tdci titanium 2006 170k miles + mondeo mk3 2004 st tdci 123k miles
443 Posts
My st has gone in for a service. I could of done it myself but:

1. it needs to be serviced by a garage for my AA parts and labour cover

2. I still cant figure out what's knocking/rattling . So I've asked him to take a look while hes there

·
Little Megger
4,899 Posts
On ebay, there's an '07 ST Ghia X Estate TDCi being broken 'cos it needs a clutch. I find that very sad :-(

3721 - 3740 of 3786 Posts