Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a Mk3 TDCi afflicted with rust bubbles on the inner bottom of the doors...

Dealer won't do the work under warranty due to the fact that I've not got the bodywork check stamps in the service history...

I'm thinking about 'creating' my own stamp to make it seem like I've had the bodywork checks, anyone been sneaky like this and done that, if so where did you get the stamp from?

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
pyeman1982 said:
I've got a Mk3 TDCi afflicted with rust bubbles on the inner bottom of the doors...

Dealer won't do the work under warranty due to the fact that I've not got the bodywork check stamps in the service history...

I'm thinking about 'creating' my own stamp to make it seem like I've had the bodywork checks, anyone been sneaky like this and done that, if so where did you get the stamp from?
Have you tried ringing Ford CS and kicking up a stink? It's a known problem and should be rectified, irrespective of when the problem occurs or if the body checks have been done....

Chris

·
MEG Corporal
1,048 Posts
Think of the legal implications if you get caught doing that.....

don't you have to put a vat reg number on the stamp anyway?

·
Couch Potato
2,944 Posts
pyeman1982 said:
I haven't as yet, have you heard of any people having the work done despite not having the bodywork checks?
My previous 2001 Mk3 started to bubble, on the drivers door, in March this year and I'd serviced it myself after the main warranty ran out in May 2004 and the paint checks had never been done but Fords agreed to repair it under the paint warranty. Unfortunately it took them 2 months to decide and a week after I'd traded it for my new one they rang me to arrange to take it in to have it done, so I never actually had it done, but they did agree to do it. Try another dealer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.