Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
still lost
1,372 Posts
i use the stuff from work dont know is name but used to use autoglem but it was usless

·
MEG Commander
6,006 Posts
Autoglym leather care cream, brings the shine out and keeps it soft :L

Steve

·
Uncle Nasty
9,086 Posts
Use some stuff that we also use on the three piece suite(its a spray on thing) its quite good,makes the leather look nice and shiney,but its a bit too slippery to use in a car tho...Tried some of the Williams stuff from Halfords,but didn't rate that at all.. :headshake:

·
I'm Bang Tidy
9,548 Posts
Warm soapy water is all you need to clean it.
Don't get it soaking wet through though.
Then give it a good rub down with a soft dry cloth
and make sure it's totally dry.
I don't like to see leather "all shiney".
I prefer it to look like it did when it came
out of the showroom,dull and matt looking. :woot:

·
MEG's Resident Removal Man
2,220 Posts
thanks guys. Got some St200 ltd leather coming in my soon to be new car and wanted to keep that mint like.

jcth1

·
Daft
3,079 Posts
Connolly Hide Food. The BEST but at the same time a PITA as it means you have to really rub it in good and then leave it overnight to soak in before buffing it off. A pot of this costs about a tenner from most reputable shoe repairers. Do this twice a year to keep the leather subtle and to prevent cracking. Very annoying when it clogs up in the perforations on the seat but hey, its doing its job and soaks in. Most have opened up again over night.

My mate put me on to it as he has been using it on his Brooklands Capri for years

Minor blemishes and dirt use baby wipes.

·
Never knowingly understood
23,164 Posts
When I bought my 1 year old Galaxy last year, I got a pack-up of all the auto-glymm stuff in it. Ain't used the leather-care for the Mondy (Galaxy's fabric seats), just Mr Sheen, or equivelent that the Mrs buys lol. Works a treat :L

·
I would love to help you...but I can't fix stu
1,080 Posts
Armor All Leather cleaning and protectant wipes. Sort of like a baby wipe but with cleaner and protectant specifically designed for leather. It does give a bit of a shine to the leather, but you wipe them down, let the protectant sit in for a while and then buff the shine down to taste with a nice lint free cloth.

·
MEG Colonel
8,988 Posts
stevedohc16v said:
Autoglym leather care cream, brings the shine out and keeps it soft :L

Steve
same here, used the mequaires stuff didn't rate it at all, but the autoglym stuff is good, plus it brings out the good smell of leather back into the car mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :gayfight:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.