Ford Automobiles Forum banner
61 - 77 of 77 Posts
There seems to be something wrong with the TF app, that or I'm doing something wrong. Every single time I try to start a new topic in any forum, the app shuts down and I get a message saying; "unfortunately the Talk Ford app has stopped working". At the moment I can only view or reply to threads but not start one.

I believe the tf app is no longer getting updates, or support.

I think most access the forum via tapatalk now.

I can't see what on earth that would achieve.

99% of the Sport cross references with the rest of the Mondeo range

The one thing that has always bugged me about the Mondeo MK4 (and MK5) forum listings is the break down.

Unlike the good old days of MEG (i know its time for me to move on and get over it!!!), and the way its still broken down in the MK3 forum now on TF you had the options of going into the following subfolders:-

☆SUSPENSION
☆WHEELS
☆BRAKES
all of these have no real subfolders allocated to them, AND these are all within the top 5 most important areas on any car.

and finally, the Achilles heal of many MK4 Mondeo's

☆LIGHTING, although i know somebody is going to say this goes under electrical.
With the amount of people who create and read topics surrounding the issues and modifications of the MK4 headlights and interior lights "my opinion" is it would make a worthy subfolder in it own right like before with the MK1, MK2 and MK3.

Im all for making this Forum the best it can be, hopefully my suggestions appeal to others and are of some use.

Gav.

Come on somebody wants to help me, its screwing with my melon...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Cool_dood
Before improvements I would like to see the site operating correctly in its present form.

Loads and loads of posters don't read or think where to place a post. Far too many get put in the wrong section/forum.

For example, why on earth do people post up a question about their vehicle in the

"Questions/Suggestions/Problems" Section which, if you read the info heading it is nothing to do with vehs.

Why put a question up about failed Diesel injectors in "General Car Talk" or the "New Members Section", instead of it going in the correct models diesel engine section.

I think the site would be an improvement just if the members did a better job.

The site itself is poorly maintained and faults rectified by AG Admin take ages to get sorted, sometimes never.

Currently for some reason, certain posts are coming up double, treble and quadruple times.

Post 66 from Gav above has come up twice in the menu.

I have no trouble whatsoever with any other sites I use but this Talk Ford one is useless.

The page loading is so slow I could give up using it (I am not the only one to raise this)

I would think that our Moderators feel like giving up at times due to how slow the site is and how many posts they have to move, impossible to keep up with

Reactions: Owl17
What's needed is proactive mods who summarily move posts that are obviously in the wrong place, and edit thread titles to be informative and appropriate. There is no need to post questions specific to Mondeo in any section other than Mondeo (for example). There is no need to include "pinaforino" in a thread title when the post applies to any Focus in general (unless you're boasting that you have a pinaforino).

Duplicate posts are due to poor responsiveness - the post is registered when the "post" button gets clicked, but no browser update occurs so the poster thinks it hasn't happened and clicks "post" again. Some forums have a post timeout so you can't click "post" twice in quick (or even slow) succession. The mods need to sweep these up, but they don't seem to come online for extended periods (or if they do, don't do a tour of inspection to see what needs fixing). Maybe a flood of spam posts take up all their time.

Appropriate thread titles are key to being able to find relevant content to your problem, as is looking in the right section (which, if you post a specific query in the wrong section, you clearly haven't).

There is some valid points you raise there, no arguing about that some of it is people not reading the forum titles, headers and FAQ (stickies) properly. But there us also alot of uncertainty surrounding where to place some.

Regarding the double post i made, this was due to saving what i had wrote whilst i dropped into the MK4 and MK3 sub-sub-categories to make sure i got the titles correct, upon entering back into this forum listing it said did i want to continue with my previous posting, upon clicking yes it dropped into the main page,not in the suggestions section.

I did attempt to delete it but could not, the best i could do was edit my post with ""please delete" or something to that effect.

Gav.

***EDIT***
Is it not an option to be able to delete a post or more importantly a new topic, say give the creator a window of say 5 minutes to delete. This would be handy for idiots like me who have accidentally/stupidly dropped into the wring section?

At the moment you cant do nothing but leave it....ideally edit to say "please delete, double post etc..."

Before improvements I would like to see the site operating correctly in its present form.
Loads and loads of posters don't read or think where to place a post. Far too many get put in the wrong section/forum.
For example, why on earth do people post up a question about their vehicle in the
"Questions/Suggestions/Problems" Section which, if you read the info heading it is nothing to do with vehs.
Why put a question up about failed Diesel injectors in "General Car Talk" or the "New Members Section", instead of it going in the correct models diesel engine section.
I think the site would be an improvement just if the members did a better job.

The site itself is poorly maintained and faults rectified by AG Admin take ages to get sorted, sometimes never.
Currently for some reason, certain posts are coming up double, treble and quadruple times.
Post 66 from Gav above has come up twice in the menu.
I have no trouble whatsoever with any other sites I use but this Talk Ford one is useless.
The page loading is so slow I could give up using it (I am not the only one to raise this)

I would think that our Moderators feel like giving up at times due to how slow the site is and how many posts they have to move, impossible to keep up with
I am not the sort of person to have a good old row or something online but I've been stewing a little bit over the above comments, apologies in advance if i have misinterpreted your post.

You come back with a reply to a perfectly normal and valid issue (well at least to me anyway) with a snide prod at a double post that was made by mistake, by all means pull me up for it but do it a bit more professionally and send me an email or PM, I'm a big boy i except when I'm wrong. Its much better than trying to make me look an idiot in your response.

Now looking at your comments about being able to post in the correct sub-header could you tell me if i need to make a post with regards to Suspension or brakes where does that belong? Surely not in the general section, if that is so would it not be worth scrapping all of the sub-headers and throw everything under general for ease of use???

Again apologies if i have misread your post.

Gav.

Gav, I can assure you that you have totally 1,000% misread my post.

I was making general observations

I said "Currently for some reason, certain posts are coming up double, treble and quadruple times".

I said certain, that refers to numerous, I then used yours purely as an example - I am blaming the slow speed, poor operation of the site that is causing this, definitely NOT any posters whatsoever.

As the menus are at the moment, if I had a question about suspension or brakes I would post in the "Drivetrain Section"

Best regards, Trevor B

Add/edit can't believe it - had to post this reply up 3 times before it woyuld "GO", lol

Ironically I tried to go to page 7 of this thread and the page stop responding... painfully slow server load times.

Reactions: turbopete1
Fair enough please except my apologies, its just me misreading, Its been a long day for me i guess.

Would the Tapatalk app be causing any of these issues i wonder, i too have noticed every time i send a post there is a very noticeable delay on it showing up. The only reason i know my post is sat in the pipeline is due to the post numbers at the bottom of the screen. E.g. 16/17, the last post i will see is 16 and my new post(17) is not visible, yet its showing on the post count. I never noticed this when we had the old TF app, cant comment for PC/Laptop as i can never be bothered to boot it up.

Hi Gav, no apologies needed mister, all is good. Sometimes things don't come over to each other the same as they would if we were talking face to face.

Not sure about the Tapatalk app you mention as I don't use it.

I use a laptop. It is 6 mnth old and windows 10. I use Chrome. I am on BT broadband and have the best one they do.

Even with what I have this site is as bad as I described above

Reactions: turbopete1
What I'd like to see is those bleedin game adverts taken off every time I start the app on my phone (I find the app much better than going online on my pc)

Posted Via The Free TalkFord.com App
Easy fix, become a Gold Member :)
I paid for gold membership today and 8 hours later im still waiting to gain access to the chat room, its telling me I need to be a gold member GRRRRRR...........Easy Fix???

Don't remember the chatroom being active for many years??

Never seen anyone in there when it did work.

Wow I forgot all about this thread lol. I miss the app and this mobile web view of the forum is poor as one can't like a post or post a photo.
Weird coz the mobile web view of Lexus owners club one can like a post and post pics etc etc.
So it can't be a phone issue but a site issue.

61 - 77 of 77 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.