Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As its sunday. (lets have a go at the car day) i was just wonderinn whats broke snapped or just fataly gone wrong with your car today, ive managed to snap one rocker cover bolt, and strip an ignition coil bolt, how i dont know but thats life.
agghhhh.

·
Man in a Jag
15,051 Posts
Not even been outside yet - though I am being hassled into going shopping :(

Yesterday had to get my windscreen done and things were a bit of a hassle - see Here

·
Registered
10,167 Posts
my piston broke last week end, does that count??

means iv had to pull me finger and actually finish my 3 year engine rebuild to get it fitted by the garrage to get me car back hopefully next weekend.

hoping nothing goes wrong the my current ride, as my Dad would kill me ,when he gets back from there holiday.

·
Tyne & Wear Meets Organiser
6,047 Posts
discovered a broken wheel bearing durinig a routine oil change yesterday, :(

·
Registered
501 Posts
Not car related, but been in work for 6 hours now - got a major project going on and trying to compelte a load of testing before tomorrow morning, so far problems we have:

Programming done completely wrong, 2 hours to redo someone elses cock up.
Cabling - half not finished, other half ok (ish)
voicemail - going to wrong server, see programming and add another hour.
system features - see programming - another hour.

And still got loads more functionality to add and test.

I'm glad it's double bubble, but the mrs' is going nuts on the phone every hour at me!

·
Man in a Jag
15,051 Posts
northants_guy said:
Not car related, but been in work for 6 hours now - got a major project going on and trying to compelte a load of testing before tomorrow morning, so far problems we have:

Programming done completely wrong, 2 hours to redo someone elses cock up.
Cabling - half not finished, other half ok (ish)
voicemail - going to wrong server, see programming and add another hour.
system features - see programming - another hour.

And still got loads more functionality to add and test.

I'm glad it's double bubble, but the mrs' is going nuts on the phone every hour at me!
Well get on with it and stop dicking about on MEG :D :}

·
Registered
501 Posts
I need MEG to keep me sane! it gets worse, the system has to be programmed in GERMAN and I don't speak or understand german!

I want to go home! :yawn:

·
TDDI Buff
37,060 Posts
went on a bus for miles and miles only to find the car i was going to look at was sold still i got to test drive a newer one even though i wasnt going to buy it lol

·
Man in a Jag
15,051 Posts
wana said:
oh ive lost the three water pump bolts too. ive had enough today.
Did you also get hit by the hailstones? It started just as we got back in but only lasted about 5 minutes. Bloody icy cold out there today though!

·
MEG general
1,507 Posts
not bad really. took my car for an m.o.t. this morning and it completely breezed. and the tester even said it was the cleanest td ghia mondeo he had seen for a long timeand knocked spots off most mk3s he had seen. :D :woot:

·
Registered
10,167 Posts
northants_guy said:
I need MEG to keep me sane! it gets worse, the system has to be programmed in GERMAN and I don't speak or understand german!

I want to go home! :yawn:
learn today then you will!

sounds like you having real fun there.

·
Back in England.......
18,698 Posts
Nowt's gone wrong (so far) but I've fitted the front leccy window switches that have had the Guardtower multi colour touch. :L I've also finally got round to replacing the double lock microswitch on the drivers lock so I don't have to walk around the car to deadlock it. Put it through a car wash and got depressed as it was dirty again by the time I got home :( .

Oh yeah, and reconnected a loose speaker wire in the back of the head unit so all 4 speakers work again.

Tried to get a power cable through the gromet but that went t1ts up after 5 mins and I just coiled the wire back up again. (maybe next weekend as I've had the amp n bits long enough and want some bass now)

All in all, not that bad of a day.

·
MEG Captain
3,040 Posts
studley73 said:
not bad really. took my car for an m.o.t. this morning and it completely breezed. and the tester even said it was the cleanest td ghia mondeo he had seen for a long timeand knocked spots off most mk3s he had seen. :D :woot:
mot on a sunday i dont think anybody round here does that

·
MEG Captain
4,635 Posts
been useing the wifes car as she is away so i thought id go over to where the nissan is kept and do some work on that so thought id use the mondy as its got some tools in there...go to start mondy flat battery fine so i jump it get her going and drive to where i keep the nissan 6 miles away...get there only to find ive left the nissan keys at home :annoyed: had enough by now so i came back home and polished the focus with meguiars instead

·
MEG general
1,507 Posts
yeap theres a local garage in my area opens 10 am till 5 pm on sundays and does mots by appointment only. and seens as i am a mechanic by trade it only cost £25 wot a touch.

·
Old school Meg member
6,847 Posts
cut my hands to bits fitting subs into the leon and dicovered the joys of plastic hitting you in the eye!

·
MEG general
1,507 Posts
ouch that hurts. hope you are ok. if it makes you feel any better a few weeks ago i cut the top of my finger off fitting a new window in my uncles car. and had to have it sewn back on. its all ok now though. :headshake:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts