Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi just wondering what my mondeo would be worth its a 2001 y mondeo 2.0 duratec ghia 140k in great condition inside and out with full black leather climate seats out a facelift ghia x, sony 6 disc cd player and 18 inch alloys and some bits 4d carbon wrapped . Pics on the link on my sig . I'm not selling it for a while yet i'm just wondering .

·
Big Megger
2,220 Posts
In all fairness, I've always thought cars that have been modded tend to lose their value a bit.

BEcause yours is such high mileage and quite old now, I would probably go to the £800-£1k mark
That's a lot for Y reg... Here's a perfectly serviceable (and newer) one for £588...

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201309218897031/sort/default/usedcars/model/mondeo/make/ford/onesearchad/used/onesearchad/nearlynew/onesearchad/new/postcode/ba35rl/radius/1500/quicksearch/true/page/9?logcode=p

Or this at £700 with a year's ticket...

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201309228906961/sort/default/usedcars/model/mondeo/make/ford/onesearchad/used/onesearchad/nearlynew/onesearchad/new/postcode/ba35rl/page/3/keywords/ghia/radius/1500?logcode=p

Basically, get what you can for it, but be realistic about price, otherwise you'll be hanging onto it forever.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I would.nt of thought i'd get 800 tbh . It owes me about 700 only because i got the facelift leather climate seats and sony cd player and any facelift trim very cheap £100 the lot from a m8 and the wheels dont owe me anything as they was on a vectra sri that i brought for £100 that i stripped and sold in bits . But i wont be selling it anytime soon just wondered what people thought it was worth really

·
Premium Member
12,458 Posts
Last year I got my 2001 Y Ghia X for £1,490 with 62k.

Is that really expensive then? To me it seemed quite cheap, a lot of others on AT with that mileage were around £3k
Lee, we told you last year when you bought it that it was well over priced, even more so when you had to pay out for a new clutch to be fitted after getting it home. http://www.talkford.com/topic/205229-finally-im-moving-to-mk3/

Others at the time may have being up for 3k but did the seller get 3k? It's one thing asking, it's another thing finding someone to part with there cash.

Craig, there's so many around it's a buyers market really. Anyone who wants one that can wait will hold out for the best one that crops up at a low price. Why buy a over priced heap or a heap that does have a low price tag but will need a ton of cash spent on it? Then again someone who wants one whos in a rush to get one will pay what is ever being asked, even if over priced. Have a look online for car's that are close to yours and take the average price.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Is that really expensive then? To me it seemed quite cheap, a lot of others on AT with that mileage were around £3k
Lee, we told you last year when you bought it that it was well over priced, even more so when you had to pay out for a new clutch to be fitted after getting it home. http://www.talkford.com/topic/205229-finally-im-moving-to-mk3/

Others at the time may have being up for 3k but did the seller get 3k? It's one thing asking, it's another thing finding someone to part with there cash.

Craig, there's so many around it's a buyers market really. Anyone who wants one that can wait will hold out for the best one that crops up at a low price. Why buy a over priced heap or a heap that does have a low price tag but will need a ton of cash spent on it? Then again someone who wants one whos in a rush to get one will pay what is ever being asked, even if over priced. Have a look online for car's that are close to yours and take the average price.
well i think looking at some that sold on ebay for around 500 id say mine is in better condition an 140k aint really high for the age of the car its about average really,if it was a tdci i`d be worried at this mileage tho lol, think i`d maybe put standard wheels on it when i do sell tho, think i should get most of my cash back, only cuz i got the upgrades so cheap tho

·
Gigging Muso
2,438 Posts

You know what, after all what was said... sorry for sounding arrogant but I'm sure I can still find more expensive listed cars for that kinda details. But I'm not arguing with you, I value all the advice I got.

Yes it had problems but that kinda made it more fun, and personal to own. It's running fantastic now and I love it so much. I'm still happy of the low-ish mileage for it's age, and condition.

Looking back, I don't regret buying it.

·
MEG Corporal
4,434 Posts
iv bought 05 cars for less than £800 best was a 2006 55 plate 2,2 tdci ghia x with denso and xenons and dvd screens for £850 purely as the guy could not get insurance on a 2.2 and needed shot so 1.5 k for a Y plate was about 1k overpriced id be lucky to get 3k for my 2007 56 plate st tdci with all extras sat nav xenons bluetooth voice control tow bar rear heated seats recaros asbo brakes remapped etc etc etc

its bad times when the car is worth loads more as parts the ghia x i mentioned broke for well over 3k

·
Gigging Muso
2,438 Posts
I think there's a difference to a car with loads of 'modded extras', that sometimes can put the price down rather than up.

But I still disagree sorry, considering the really low mileage of my car and condition, looking at others that were the same, it was incredibly low. and Near me too!

·
MEG Corporal
4,434 Posts
mine is factory extras all gen ford also i would be suspect of low miles if it needed a clutch tbh as iv known mk3s hit 140-150 k before a clutch is needed on petrols

·
MEG Corporal
4,434 Posts
I've always known clutch changes to be generally around the 75k mark, from what I've been told by respectable mechanic friends
iv been into repairing cars since i was 15 im 30 now and iv never known clutches to go so early unless driven wrongly average is well over 100k on modern cars also was it you with your heated seat not working thats 2 things that would knock it down for me as mint means everything is 100% working to get top money

you may like the car and its 100% your choice but sounds like you were blinded by the car and paid over the odds imho i gave 3k for mine 2 years ago iv put 40k on it never failed a test ( last one last week ) and everything is 100% touch wood although i think my car knows its fate if it lets me down lol

·
Gigging Muso
2,438 Posts
Yeah that was me, and it still doesn't work.. but that's a minor fault.

I admit, there were faults with the car.. which I wasn't told about. But I still don't regret it. My seat is heated so that's okay :p

My old MK2 mondeo needed a new clutch at about 70k, and it was my dads car from about 35k, and after being told the 75k that seemed to make sense to me.

I'm hoping to be looking at a 3.0 V6 Ghia X next.. depending on what the current economic status is like haha I really don't want a diesel.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
I just got a 07 titanium x 2.2tdci mondeo mk3 97k on the clock was 3k I thought was cheap here in northern ireland for some reason cars are more expensive alot of people cross the water and bring a motor back, I had a 2001 mondeo mk3 tddi for 3 and half years so I knew what to expect only had it 2 weeks hopely its a good one lol

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Sorry but i do agree thats a hell of alot for a y reg . I'll be looking at getting a mk4 in about a year but even now there is plenty of mk4 mondeo's for 3k . I'm just realistic about it that even tho my car is nice and by the time i do sell it it will prob owe me over a grand,as the clutch will need doin sometime next year and i'll do the dmf too and there is a few more things i'll do to it . But yet i'll still prob only see about 6 to 700 at most looking at other cars sold on ebay

·
Super Moderator
19,005 Posts
iv been into repairing cars since i was 15 im 30 now and iv never known clutches to go so early unless driven wrongly average is well over 100k on modern cars
i've had clutches out on cars i've owned after driving them 30-40k miles with virtually no wear, so 75k on a clutch is "p1ss poor miles"

Unless someone's been riding the clutch like their life depended upon it or it had been dragging an oversize trailer/caravan all its life then i'd expect at least 100k from even a cheapo clutch.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts