·
MEG Corporal
623 Posts
As I found, you will also need...

A new blower motor
Cabin Temp Sensor
Sun Load Sensor
and some Wiring

New From Fraud the parts will cost you about £600 so I abandoned the project!

·
TDDI Buff
37,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
dont blame u lol

·
MEG Corporal
623 Posts
Oh and you'll need a new centre grill for the dash with a hole in it for the sun load sensor!

·
TDDI Buff
37,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i spoke to someone about it too apparently it will either burn you or freeze you and its apparently crap so no wonder people are trying to sell it on ebay lol.

·
TDDI Buff
37,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thats a mk3 jamie its totally different.

·
Registered
621 Posts
totalguy said:
i spoke to someone about it too apparently it will either burn you or freeze you and its apparently crap so no wonder people are trying to sell it on ebay lol.
I can second that.

I thought mine was faulty, but after reading TG's post it obviously isn't.

It's awful; will blow as hot as it can to reach temperature on a summer's morning when the sun's beating down on you and once it's reached temperature in the winter, it blows cold stuff at you.

I'm not going to the lengths of removing it all to convert it to manual as I want to sell the car at some point, but I would never have EATC again.

Although if it's a simple case of swapping the control panel over to convert to manual, then it's got to be worth doing...

·
Dude
1,941 Posts
nicknack said:
totalguy said:
I can second that.

I thought mine was faulty, but after reading TG's post it obviously isn't.

It's awful; will blow as hot as it can to reach temperature on a summer's morning when the sun's beating down on you and once it's reached temperature in the winter, it blows cold stuff at you.

I'm not going to the lengths of removing it all to convert it to manual as I want to sell the car at some point, but I would never have EATC again.

Although if it's a simple case of swapping the control panel over to convert to manual, then it's got to be worth doing...
Seriousay?
I can honstly say mine is spot on! Is mine broke? :crazy:

·
Registered
621 Posts
Yeah, unfortunately it's completely like that!

I've run the diagnostics and no faults have been found; recently cleaned the interior temperature sensor (which was completely clogged with dust); when I refitted the temperature sensor I modified it's housing slightly as it was loose and not able to draw air directly from the cabin without sucking in from behind the dash too.

I thought that would have helped, but not really.

My aircon seems to run constantly too (well the fans kick in), and this is even when setting the controls to manual :crazy: .

I just can't be bothered to spend money on it to be quite honest.

It seems that it just has 2 temperatures, either extremely hot or cold and it switches between them to get the desired temperature, and it never just blows out cool or warm air.

A friend's partner has a Fiesta and apparently there's some sort of electronically controlled valve to allow the coolant into the heater matrix - is there the same sort of arrangement in the Mondy, and if so could this be the problem?

Apologies TG, I seem to have taken over this thread...

Nick

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.