Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
MEG Sergeant
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On a holiday or working away, what is the most remote or out of the ordinary country have you visited, which you are not likely to return to.

Mine is either Banska Bystrica in Slovakia or Moscow in Russia

:L

·
MEG Admiral
1,956 Posts
Depending on the day, England.

Seriously though I've been to Czechoslovakia, which I daresay is fairly unusual seeing as it's not existed for 13 years. In fact I was there when the Berlin Wall came down.

·
Still waiting to Wii
2,710 Posts
East Germany, beofre the wall went down, and yes, i doubt i will be returning... what a horrible place
Germany is nice though :innocent:

·
Just me
19,673 Posts
Andora, sking

·
Soldier of Fortune
1,806 Posts
Probably Iceland. It's not so "bizzarre" nowadays, but when I went about 12 years ago it was pretty unheard of to go there.

·
Anything u like..
1,743 Posts
Tenerife. :whistling:

Not so much strange, more nasty than anything, the place is a complete dive (Las Americas anyways).

Hope im not offending anyone that likes it.

·
MEG Sergeant
1,667 Posts
I have been to Jordan a few years back, It was very hot I had to wear one of those tea towel things on me head.

·
ME
5,869 Posts
dieselracer said:
romford in essex thaught i was in iraq it was that rough
I'd have to agree with you there some bits shouldn't be entered after dark lol. Mind you the inbred Chavs in Rainham have there moments.
Strangest place I've visited was Matmata (think I spelt that right) in Tunisia where they filmed Star Wars where Lukes Aunt and Uncle live in the hole in the ground. That is exactly how the people live there. They must have used someones home for the film and added the few futuristic buildings etc. above ground.

·
Formerly known as cilla black
15,701 Posts
been to south georgia and visited the abandoned whaling stations and visited ernest shackletons grave, very eerie feeling to that island, but plenty of seals and penguins.

also visited every island in the west indies apart from trinidad and tobago, some verrrrrrry strange islands there,

also visited MONSTERATT (where the big volcano is) in the caribbean and saw numerous eruptions/big puffs of smoke and pyroclastic flows, infact most of the countries where i have been are remote or eerie....

·
I did the pics
12,043 Posts
Only got one answer, but I'm going back there, Ibiza. Strangest, most headonistic, humanly magnetic place there is for me.
In fact, Es Vedre, which is a rock sticking out of the sea of the cost is the 3rd most magnetic place in the world. Watched the eclipse there last year.

·
MEG Sergeant
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
So where are you from Nilagin, inbred dagenham or worse lol

·
Phil "THE BOOST" Wootty
2,739 Posts
went to berlin back in the eighties when touring with depeche when the wall was still up.weird place as west is thriving and east berlin was like a large mortuary,really.like a scene out of escape from new york.

·
MEG Captain
3,040 Posts
either some parts of bulgaria last year or a place called tatu in morroco that was a real eye opener and we did not know if we were going to come out alive seeing as we were the only 4 english people there very scarey

1 - 20 of 37 Posts