Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all, i was jus wondering whats the widest set of wheels i can fit on me mk2 mondy, i got a set of 225/50/16 from a scorpio estate, havnt fitted em yet, but would the width sit past the arch lip and rub? many thx on replys steve...

·
MEG Captain
4,819 Posts
i suspect the offset of the wheels is going to be wrong for the car for a start with them coming off a rear wheel drive car :sad:

·
MEG Captain
4,819 Posts
not sure if i get you there or not , tracking is to do with which way the wheeels are pointing , not the physical width of the wheels / tyres :L

·
MEG Captain
4,819 Posts
no i suspect the wheels will be physically wrong for the car :L

·
MEG Captain
4,819 Posts
remember this is only my opinion , if you have got them , then try them on and see if the car looks right , maybe take some measurements of the old ones before you take them off :L

·
MEG Captain
4,819 Posts
good luck :L

·
MEG Sergeant
1,274 Posts
I've got 235/35/19's with 8x19 rims ET42 on mine.

As mentioned I think you'll find that the ones you've got will be the wrong offset being as they are off a rear wheel drive car. No harm in giving them a go as you've got them just be carefull when you lower it down (if you get that far)

·
MEG Sergeant
1,308 Posts
FasterFords said:
The scorpio is 5 stud and the mk2 is only 4, isn't it ?
no the scorpio is 4 stud the granada was 5 stud. yes they did do a granada scorpio but the the granada part was drop when the made the ugly bug eye version :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.