Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
MEG's Resident Removal Man
2,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im getting some wheel bearings from Bookwyse. Just wondering what the proceedure for replacing them as i want all my hubs shot blasted and then sprayed to look pretty :gayfight:

Naturally Discs up front and will be Discs on the rear aswell.

TIA

jcth1

·
MEG Corporal
801 Posts
get dodgy mechanics to do it.
opps!
i meant don't.

·
2,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
SDR said:
get dodgy mechanics to do it.
opps!
i meant don't.
so all bearings can be replaced without and problems?? Just wondered as thats the answer im looking for as part of the refurb and improvement of my TD.

jcth1

·
AKA The Twigg!
9,331 Posts
bearings will have to be pushed into the hubs matey. think they are pressed in using a hydrolic press. will be a pig to do it with a vice. ask ketters as he tried it. best bet it to get new or used hubs without the bearings or when you take off the old hubs dremel out the rust after getting the old bearing out which is a PITA to do in the first place.

Dan :L

·
2,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks Dan. Plan is to shot blast the hubs anyway so they can be coated to last a long time.

jcth1

·
AKA The Twigg!
9,331 Posts
if they are shot blasted the new bearing should go in no problem. the old one will be a PITA to get out thought first off. can i hear the word anglegrinder!!

Dan :L

·
MEG Captain
4,819 Posts
bit confused here now , the bearing is a fit , its not a case of remove rust to make it fit , or have i misunderstood :blush:

·
2,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
paulyoung666 said:
bit confused here now , the bearing is a fit , its not a case of remove rust to make it fit , or have i misunderstood :blush:
From what i think i got from Dan is that once the bearing is out to use a wire wheel on a drill or sumit similar to clean the surface up. Being that ill be having my hubs shot blasted i dont really need to do this.

Dan correct me if im wrong.

jcth1

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.