Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone.

Hope this is ok in tyre thread.

Quick question about wheel nut lock keys. Do Ford dealerships provide you with a replacement if yours is damaged? Getting 2 new tyres yesterday the garage said they couldn't fit hem as they couldn't get wheel nuts off as my wheel nut lock was damaged. Obviously either they have of the previous garage fitting tyres has damaged it with excessive force. Kind of warped the distinct shape, so it longer fits correctly and turns.

They said I could contact a Ford dealership and they would be able to obtain a new wheel nut lock key for me, free of charge. I have the original bag for the lock key with the code/word on the bag. Is this in fact the case? Would they be able to obtain one for me? Free? of is there a charge? If so how much?

Thanks in advance for any help with this query

Scholesy

·
Clever Clauggs
4,364 Posts
Don't know about free of charge but with the code ford dealers will supply another nut lock.

Check the locking nut key isn't also damaged.

Unless you have expensive alloys put a ordinary nut in place of the locking nut.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for reply & info. i think it is the key that is damaged. i'll look into getting normal locking nut

·
Chatty Chap
611 Posts
The dealership will sell you a complete new set of locking nuts, with a new key to go with them. It is not possible to obtain a replacement for your current set. At least that's what they told me when I was in the same situation as you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts