Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
I would love to help you...but I can't fix stu
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple of questions for you guys.

I have the opportunity to pick up a set of Fox racing 17" off a coworker for cheap. They are on a Ford Sierra and I just want to make sure they will fit. I imagine they are 4X108 just like the mondeo but am unsure. Not sure of the ofset but the tyres are 205/40/R17...rubberbands! Any ideas if they will be good?
Hope to get pics later on today.
Cheers,

·
MEG Corporal
2,801 Posts
From what I remember of my Sierra (1990), they should fit. But I'm sure someone else will be along in a moment to confirm this..or not.

·
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am thinking that they will fit. I just need a second opinion to confirm it.

·
MEG Corporal
2,801 Posts
I know for deffinate that they bolt on as I fitted some Focus steel wheels on to it when I sold it. And I know Focus wheels also fit onto the Mondeo as I has ST170 alloys fitted for a while. It's the the offset that I'm unsure of.

·
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
another issue with the wheels...the right side tyres are 205/45/R17 and the left side tyres are 205/40/R17. Isn't that against MOT standards????

·
MEG Corporal
2,801 Posts
I beleive so. It will also make traction control think that one side is wheel spinning and then activate.

·
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
good thing I don't have traction control on my particular car.

·
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
anyone else have any info on this?

·
Megger
59 Posts
It does matter on the mot but you can still get away if you put both of the 205/45/R17 on the back and The 205/40/R17 on the front or vice versa. If you do it that way It will pass for an MOT just happened on my brothers Fiesta.

Hope It helps :L

·
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Was sort of thinking that. Only problem is they are a directional tyres. Just can't swap right bact to left from or vice versa. So will need at least 2 new tyres on it from the start. Now just to figure out which ones to go with the 40s or the 45s.

·
MEG Corporal
2,801 Posts
I had 45's on the ST170 alloys I had. Some others have tried both and most seem to prefer the 45's.

·
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I think that the 45s are the ones I want. They appear to fit the rim just a bit better.

·
AKA The Twigg!
9,331 Posts
45`s look thicker matey. i have 45`s on mine ( 205/45/w17`s and they fill the rim better. ) the 40`s look a bit small and the ride is slightly harsher. BTW think the sierra was a ET of 35-42 on the PDC of 4x108 as i had 15" mondeo si rims on my sapphire and they fitted no probs and no rubbing with 195/50/15`s

Dan :L

·
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Cool. Thanks Twiggy. That was the answer I was expecting!
Cheers,

·
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Still at a loss on these. i know that i can get these cheap enough, but know i am going to have to pop 2 new tyres on right away to get them all the same size. Also, two of the wheels have alot of curbing on them and i am worried about them. That said, I do love the look of the wheels though!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.