Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread

Well I changed the turbo yesterday but the new 2nd hand one came apart really easy lol,,, so I decided to try and take the whole manifold off my car and replace with the used one,,,,
Oh how stupid was that hahaha
I had no way of removing the EGR cooler, so I could get access to one bolt that was been blocked by the pipe,, so I decided to split the turbo in situ and just replace that ,,,;;
As you can see in the photo it was practically welded to the manifold hahaha. So you start tapping gently and you get more and more sweary you starting hitting anywhere and everywhere as hard as you can,,,,, well my advice is don’t as things break really easily,; luckily it did move in the end and I’ve replaced no more whistling but I have whooshing sound like air leaking, I also have what sounds like a dump valve noise when I lift off the gogo pedal,,, anyone have any thoughts on what these could be.
cheers peeps.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had a noise when lifting off due to the backbox falling off. Novelty at first but soon got annoying.
Exhaust leak?
I’m kinda at that stage now mate hahaha. It was making me chuckle but now it’s annoying hahaha,, and yea I’ve been and had a butchers at the exhaust and sure enough middle section right on the hanger BIG hole 🤣🤣,, trip to the garage on me way home from work me thinks,,,,, or I could pull the back box off for one more day to get noise for last time 🤣

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Are you sure the turbo core is in the right position? If you don't get it spot on then the turbo vains won't be aligned properly.
No mate that was to try and split it to fit new one hahaha. Already new about the little pin bit so you can’t put it in wrong position,, from when I split the new 2nd hand one,, plus a mate told me about it haha

1 - 3 of 3 Posts