Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Still waiting to Wii
2,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, going to Thame next week for some training, having no idea where it is, aside from south near London somewhere, could anyone gimme an idea of hwere to go for grub and such? and what to expect?

·
ME
5,869 Posts
The only Thame I can find in my AA road Atlas is on the A148 6 miles off the M40. It lays between Oxford and Aylesbury and they have a Travelodge. Thats all I know.

·
Still waiting to Wii
2,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
terrific, i'm going to the sticks

·
Soldier of Fortune
1,806 Posts
It is indeed near Aylesbury. Well, it's in between Aylesbury and Oxford on the A418.

·
TDDI Buff
37,060 Posts
pop in for a cuppa on your way jar lol

·
ME
5,869 Posts
nilagin said:
The only Thame I can find in my AA road Atlas is on the A148 6 miles off the M40. It lays between Oxford and Aylesbury and they have a Travelodge. Thats all I know.
Sorry yes it is A418, not A148 as I first said.

·
TDDI Buff
37,060 Posts
nilagin said:
totalguy said:
pop in for a cuppa on your way jar lol
I think you better pack him a flask and sandwiches :whistling:
my misses would oblige to do that for him after all the help he's given me car related :)

·
MEG Admiral
2,934 Posts
What days you coming down, J? Thame ain't too far from me, and obviously a few more of the South Central lot...

·
MEG Colonel
5,987 Posts
Thame's not that far from me to

it's a market town really with a couple of good pubs but i haven't been there for awhile myself

when your down im sure we could sort out a mini meet and have a couple of beers and talk v8's and trucks :L

·
Registered
562 Posts
squelch said:
Thame's not that far from me to

it's a market town really with a couple of good pubs but i haven't been there for awhile myself

when your down im sure we could sort out a mini meet and have a couple of beers and talk v8's and trucks :L
:L :L :L

I'd be up for this too guys.

Thame is a fairly small market town, cafes and a high street with a few major high street shop.
Very pleasant little place!

·
Still waiting to Wii
2,710 Posts
i'm down the 6th of mar and i come back on the 9th of march, meeting up would be pretty cool, I'm gtonna be at the DAF UK corporate HQ, if anyone knows where it is, will most likely have a rental car, not a chance in hell i am driving. More than happy to talk V8s and trucks though. lemme know what plans are in the works, sounds like fun. Problem is, my work is notoriously lax in organizing my way ddown till 2 days before hand, so wont know my flight and digs details till friday, but will keep ya'll posted

And TG, as for the Cuppa, would love to but you'll have to hurl it quite a ways to reach the plane. Thanks for the kind words.

·
Still waiting to Wii
2,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
twisted my boss's arm but got some details for when i come down, i come in sunday night, and hit the Peacock? inn. and fly back about 7:00 PM on thursday, so if anyone's up for that mini meet Squelch suggested, i'm game.

·
Registered
562 Posts
I was a bit stumped by that so I googled it and it seems like the Peacock in actually in Chinnor and not Thame. Chinnor is very close to the Bucks/Oxon border and about 5 miles outside of Thame.

I reckon Squelch probably knows the area better than me but give us a shout and I'm sure we can work a venue.

I can do any evening from Sunday to Thursday except Monday as I'm out at a works social event.

·
Still waiting to Wii
2,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
tuesday or wed would be good for me, seeing as monday is out for one, seeing as i have yet to meet anyone off Meg sans one(discomikey), this oughtta be interesting. talked to a coworker today and he said the peacock is about 10 mins from where i'm gonna be training, which is right in Thame. So, 5 miles out sounds about right. Ok, i suggest we get this organized, should i PT the Squelcher?

·
Registered
562 Posts
Squelch, do you want to pick a venue?

Lets take this thread over on to the South Central meets section so its not straying off topic and see what days people prefer?

Tues or Weds are fine for me so count me in!

·
MEG Sergeant
2,278 Posts
Thame in Oxfordshire, Junction 7 of the M40 if you are coming from London or Junction 8 if you are coming from the north (no exit at junction 7 southbound)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts