Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I am in the process of changing my washer pump.

The connector on both the pump and the wire to which it was connected was melted/burned out completely but the wiring between them is OK.

Please see attached image, the connector on the left is the one I need now for the pump end of the connection. For the other end, I don't really know because it was burned so badly.

My question is, where can I buy these connectors? If anyone could help me with the exact name of each connector or maybe a link to someplace selling these kinds of things I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!

(If anything is unclear please ask. I'm not a native English speaker so it's kind of difficult to explain things properly)

Attachments

· Super Moderator
31,911 Posts
Pop down to the scrapyards and whip a plug off something to match the pump you have.

Ford will probably require you to buy a new loom.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Between the loom's end and the pump there was a short wire, maybe 10-15 centimeters which connected the two. I do not think the loom itself has been damaged. I will take a picture of it later.

· Super Moderator
31,911 Posts
Thats the washer plug connector yes. But there are 2 types as in the picture you
posted originally.

make sure the plug/ pump matches what you need.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.