Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Megger
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to Ford dealer today, asked for paint and part guy told me that they don't do the paint mix, recommended me to go to local auto part store to order paint, not sure if it's good idea but would I be better off going to other Ford dealer?

Gary

·
Love my cheap to run Mondy's
658 Posts
I bought both petrol blue and state blue colours from Halfords paint desk, and was astounded by the state blue match...excellent. The Petrol blue one was close...but I can see a slight difference. Most people tell me I am imagining it, but I still think I can see a slight difference.

·
AKA The Twigg!
9,331 Posts
can be but very long in the teeth and they dotn like selling to non traders. i go to a paint place myself and get it mixed up. take your car and they have swatches to the various colours of ford. just place it up against it and get the nearest match. things like caymen blue are a paint to match and citrine yellow are also a PIG but most colours you can get a pretty on match.

Dan :L

·
Now in the Far East...
2,727 Posts
Depends on dealers... the one near me doens't seem to mind selling to non-traders...

What colour is your mondeo? Halfords do sell matching paint.. and the match perfectness depends on what colour it is really...

Alternatively... go on ebay and have a look...

Phil

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.