Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to put a 10" or 12" sub in the boot, but want to keep the boot as usable as possible.

Are there any custom boxes that fit nicely against the side or failing that what are the best/neatest options.

Thanks
Mark

·
It was 49.95
10,123 Posts
stealthsubz from the company that makes stealth shelves does a corner box for the mondeo boot but its not exactly a looker, but its idea if you want to keep the boot usable. Personally id make one myself

·
Little Megger
27 Posts
why not go for a false floor which could house the sub and amp. My toy (MGB - old banger) has a 12" JL in the floor, taking up the space where the spare wheel goes. Spare now lives in the garage and I carry a can of tyre gunk with me.

·
MEG Corporal
1,091 Posts
check my garage got pics in there

·
MEG Sergeant
1,308 Posts
DLS now do 6" subs that should fit under the front seats. You could even get them in the doors if you was feeling adventurous :)

·
MEG Corporal
1,091 Posts
made it, still not finished yet, got to put more resin on fibreglass fleece on the back.

·
MEG Corporal
1,091 Posts

·
MEG Admiral
3,112 Posts
Fasterfox, just do what I am doing. find the airvolume your sub needs, then make the box taller, wider and slimmer, and try and measure the contours of the back seats too. That will reduce the amount of bootspace used. And if you are like me you don't want to sacrifice your spare wheel either for a boot install.

·
Big Megger
290 Posts
They're not too hard to make using fibreglass. I made one for the back of my cougar using a guide on a fomum called talkaudio.

·
Megger
50 Posts
I have a stealthbox in my Mk2 and they are really good, nice snug fit and does not take up much room at all.
Put it this way, there is still plenty of room for the baby's buggy, 2 weeks worth of grocery shopping etc...

Very happy with it.
I think that they will do Mk3, better to contact them directly.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.