Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
MEG Corporal
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Afternoon guys, I'm thinking of swapping my fogs to some aftermarket Sport style ones.

They're very similar to the Ford parts but they come in 2 colours, silver (which I think is close to the actual Ford part) and dark grey.

I've got a "Thunder Metallic" MK4 with the light silver inserts at the front, I think these are a different colour to the Sport model inserts, so I'm just after a bit of advice as I have all the creative and artistic qualities of a dead badger.

Car Wheel Tire Vehicle Vehicle registration plate

Basically, what do people think would go better, the dark ones or the light ones?

Automotive parking light Automotive lighting Hood Automotive design Mobile phone

Bumper Hood Automotive exterior Gadget Electric blue

Attachments

·
Likes to chat
3,074 Posts
Hi bud. If you do change em can ya posts pics. Got same front end as u. Am in 2 minds wether to do mine. But not sure it would suit the car as it hant got the sport look to it. An dont want to spoil the cosmetics of mi car. Cheers
But if i had to choose id go wi silver to keep it subtle. Like the thunder metalic by the way.

mondeo mk4 2L diesel 2008 stardust silver

·
MEG Corporal
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know what you mean with the rest of the car not having the sport style, I changed the whole front of my MK3 to an ST bumper with the ST fogs and it looked nice.

Just can't make my mind up on this one!

·
Likes to chat
3,074 Posts
I know what you mean with the rest of the car not having the sport style, I changed the whole front of my MK3 to an ST bumper with the ST fogs and it looked nice.

Just can't make my mind up on this one!
its just that the sport fogs look so nice. But in my head im seeing em on sporty mondeo

mondeo mk4 2L diesel 2008 stardust silver

·
Registered
376 Posts
Are these the ones off Ebay? I've got the same front end as you and neither of the fog colours matched the plastic trim on the grills. The silver was too light and the alternative was too dark. If you want them to look like they're meant to be on the car you will probably need to get them resprayed to match the grey coloured plastic on the front grills.

I've managed to source the sport bumpers and trims off ebay and have had the fogs and grills painted satin black. Just need to get the car back from the garage so I can get all the new parts fitted. They've had it 3 weeks now and still no closer to fixing it :-(

Posted Via The Free TalkFord.com App

·
MEG Corporal
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah I've seen them on eBay and eurocarparts. Didn't think the lighter ones were exactly the same colour but I don't really want to go down getting other things sprayed or source a whole new sports front end!

Ouch, 3 weeks, what's getting sorted?

Posted Via The Free TalkFord.com App

·
Registered
376 Posts
Give it a go mate, I got mine off ebay for 44 quid. I'll try and find the ebay item. The silver ones were very light compared to my car which is why I ended up spraying them.

2008 Mondeo Titanium X 2.2 TDCI Frozen White

·
MEG Corporal
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
stevieb12345, I think you just inspired me! Even if I don't get them colour coded I might hold out until I can find one of the darker sports honeycomb upper and lower grilles and go with the darker sports fogs.

Apart from the inner parking sensor mounts that attach to the lower grille, does anyone know if it's a straight swap?

·
MEG Corporal
511 Posts
Regarding the ebay 'non genuine' sport fog lights, how good are these units ? do they fit properly and look the same as the ford items. I'm looking to upgrade and wondering if these units are too good to be true, being less than half the 'ford' price.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts