Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
TDDI Buff
37,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is it only the ghia's that have the trip comp thing shows mpg etc on the mk3?

·
LED Extraordinaire
8,458 Posts
Nope, if it has 2 lcd screens its there but it needs to be turned on and the info button needs to be added :)

·
TDDI Buff
37,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so there would be one in an lx then? i bet u aint got any pics? anyone got any pics please i havent a clue what these things would look like.

·
Super Moderator
5,342 Posts
totalguy said:
so there would be one in an lx then? i bet u aint got any pics? anyone got any pics please i havent a clue what these things would look like.
The facelift model from 53 plate onward will have the trip computer on the LX. It became standard on all models. It will also have all the wiring in place if you need to add anything else to the car. (eg heated seats, front fog's etc.)

You will also find it will(should) have cruise control fitted. Yes I know all on a LX

·
MEG Commander
3,573 Posts
All UK Mondeo's should have 2 LCD screens within the cluster. If you put these in test mode (hold down trip reset and start car) then you will be able to confirm that all of the characters are there within the left hand LCD display. Assuming this is the case, it should (hopefully) be possible to activate the computer.

All Mondeo's from 2003.75MY on have activated trip computer.

If the car has an "Info" button on the end of the indicator stalk, then it should have a computer.

·
TDDI Buff
37,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ah thanks for the info, i cant afford a 2003 model i was thinking more 2000-2001 so what are the opinions on these ones?

·
MEG Commander
3,573 Posts
Like I said, all have the capability (or should have) but only Ghia and above have it activated.

Early cars have some better kit, i.e. power rear windows on LX, two rear seat pockets instead of one. The climate control on Ghia up is not as good as on facelift cars, you loose the cruise control below Ghia X, and the door trim panels are not as nice. Also mirrors are smaller.

·
MEG Captain
4,819 Posts
i did the gauge test thing on my 51 plate zetec and the left hand lcd shows up the mpg display etc , so can i just fit an info stalk and what is this about getting it activated :thankyousign:

·
TDDI Buff
37,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
cheers flash, cruise control and climate control dont bother me anyway so no problems there nice to hear the trip thing should even be on the lesser models though, how much would one of these info buttons on a stalk cost if it was needed? anyone know? and is it an easy fit?

·
MEG Commander
3,573 Posts
Contact MEGger Gazza1. He can sort out the cluster for you.

·
TDDI Buff
37,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
cool ill bear that in mind if/when iget one :L

·
TDDI Buff
37,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
test drove a zetec tdci today couldnt find any info button i was looking for a button with info printed on it, was i right to do that? anyway i aint a clue what the 2 lcd screen things are or where they are so could someone get a pic please for when i testdrive another one.

·
Super Moderator
19,696 Posts
the info button is sat at the end of the indicator stalk i think ( same place as the front screen wash button on the wiper stalk )

the 2 LCD screens are the ones at the bottom of the dach cluster, one displays the full milage & trip milage the other one has the outside air temp on it.

Pic 1 is pointing out the LCD's ( i think its the one with the temp on it that gets used for the computer thingy )

Pic 2 just shows what i think the info button looks like ( its the front washer jet button )

Pic 3 shows my indicator stalk with no extra buttons on it ( with the info button it should look similar to the wiper stalk - pic 2 )

hope its the info you were after :L

·
TDDI Buff
37,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ahhhh it had 2 of them lcd's i get u now DER @ME

so the info button wil lbe on indicator stalk and be loke the washer button on the other side?

i think i get it now cheers :L

·
Super Moderator
19,696 Posts
i think thats where the button is mate, cant tell you for sure as i only have the 2001 LX model so no trip computer for me. :(

someone on here will put me right if i am wrong though :L ( they have a fair few times already :whistling: )

·
TDDI Buff
37,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
cheers m8 :L no plans to do the mod then? someone on here can sort out the speedo cluster as mentioned above as long as it dosent need sent off i might get it done. Id just like to find out how much another stalk would cost now.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys,

Replying here from the other end of the world. Singapore. We have the same problem here. All Mk3 Mondys sold here don't come with the Info stalk. Even though we have the LCDs available. So any headsup in locating the stalk for DIY would be helpful!
Thanks!

·
MEG Commander
3,573 Posts
It is not just ther stalk mate, the cluster needs to be reprogrammed.

·
TDDI Buff
37,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
singaporemondy said:
Hey guys,

Replying here from the other end of the world. Singapore. We have the same problem here. All Mk3 Mondys sold here don't come with the Info stalk. Even though we have the LCDs available. So any headsup in locating the stalk for DIY would be helpful!
Thanks!
ford dealer would be my first guess but no idea on cost.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts