Ford Automobiles Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Little Megger
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all iam thinking of buying one theses cars could someone tell me which is the best to go for .I was told the Peugeot engines where the best

but i dont no anything about them hope you can help.

·
Super Moderator
29,378 Posts
200bhp 2.2 X-Sport ?

Although my Business Edition seems better equipped.

And they cost their weight in Gold it seems.

·
MEG Corporal
2,635 Posts
Obviously a 2.2 (200ps) Titanium X Sport ;).
Personally, I like the look with the body kit, twin exhaust tail pipes (single on the 2.0),19" wheels and Bi-Xenon headlamps.
The upper and lower grilles are gloss black (hard to tell on my black car, but look at other colours and you'll see), rear bumper diffuser is gloss black too, be prepared for the cost of 19" tyres though (using Michelin PS4S's). The interior is pretty nice too. Front and rear parking sensors are standard. 2012 onward cars have the 'black eye' headlight units which look nice.

My car has options fitted like tinted rear windows, sat nav with reversing camera and memory drivers seat with auto dip wing mirrors when reversing, and full electric passenger seat.
Mondeo1.JPG

·
Super Moderator
29,378 Posts
If i could find a 2.2 200bhp X-Sport Estate for half their asking price I would be first in line. :)

Nephew bought the X-Sport but without the NAV etc. I like the MCA Nav unit.

Lots of £££ for small changes it seems. Am i missing something for the high asking prices?

·
MEG Corporal
2,635 Posts
They do seem to be holding their prices, especially the estates.

At the time when I bought mine, the % difference in price probably wasn't that much as the cars I was looking at were 2-2 1/2 years old (bought in December2013 and wanted a facelift) . The Business Editions were new out at this time so I was comparing with the Titanium X models, but I knew I wanted a Titanium X Sport.

Titanium X Sport from a 2011 brochure...

Titanium X Sport from a 2013 brochure...

·
Super Moderator
29,378 Posts
Auto dip mirrors, damn I want one now :) Although 19" tyre prices may persuade me against one.

My old Rover 800 had dip on reverse, cannot understand why they dont fit it to more cars.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts