Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Done a deal on a TDCi Ghia X today, should be getting it next weekend.

Been looking at various tuning boxes, superchip etc, seems to be a fair difference in price between the stuff on ebay and superchip.

Are there any out there that should be avoided ?

Anyone know if the intercooler on the TDCi is anygood and worth upgrading or not.

I have a spare 2wd Sierra intercooler in the gargage so wondered if it was worth trying to fit it.

:thankyousign:
Mark

·
MEG's Resident Removal Man
2,220 Posts
probs get a decent I/C made up to use existing hoses and then bluefin aswell.

If you get a bigger i/c perhaps its worth having the bluefin checked or something like that.

jcth1

·
TDDI Buff
37,060 Posts
the sierra one will be about the same size as the one that it already has

·
TDDI Buff
37,060 Posts
look on ebay your sure to find one also look for tddi as its the same.

·
Just me
19,673 Posts
There is a chance or more lag with a larger i\c

·
TDDI Buff
37,060 Posts
yeah possibly dan only doing it will tell though, it wouls be easy to remove the grill and fit one trmporarily by tieing it in there though theres plenty of room.

·
TDDI Buff
37,060 Posts
pass i dont think theyreworth the money yeah u get a bit more power for a few 100 quid

·
Man in a Jag
15,051 Posts
FasterFords said:
What about tuning boxes though, is the Tandem one the cheapest and does it work ?

:thankyousign:
It works well. Opens up more torque lower down - livens up the car a bit more.

·
TDDI Buff
37,060 Posts
mines livened up as it is with the panel filter and i wont need to change it saves me a fiver every service :)

·
Man in a Jag
15,051 Posts
K&N Panel is good, but K&N Panel with a Tandem is much better. I found the K&N helps the car rev easier so it feels a little livlier, and the Tandem gives the car a bit more grunt.

K&N 57i Induction would be even better, but i.m not really that bothered about that at the min - the Panel was an easy swap and the simpler the better for me :L

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
I've run a couple of tuning boxes in my time and highly rate the Tandem (analog) and Dragon (digital) offerings. However, if you're looking at bigger I/C's you'd be better off with a custom remap from somewhere like Upsolute/Superchips so allow you to take full advantage of it :D

Remember tuning boxes do not alter boost, just fuelling....

Chris

·
TDDI Buff
37,060 Posts
just see when yours has been on the rollers dave :L

·
Man in a Jag
15,051 Posts
totalguy said:
just see when yours has been on the rollers dave :L
Are you seriously expecting it not to register as 130 or more with a tuning box, when a car without one (i.e. yours & Dans) do? At the RR meet where Dan got his done there was a 115 TDCi which registered at 150+.

Trust me, mine without the box wasn't sluggish at all and I would expect it to match any TDDi which hasnt been modded (well looked after motor you see) and its definately improved with it on, which to me equals more power! I would be surprised if its less than 140. There is a RR meet in the NW early next year sometime so I will be doing my best to get it there - then we'll see :}

·
TDDI Buff
37,060 Posts
well ive got living proof of one only having .5 bhp more than mine with a tuning box so it would be interesting to see if yours does actually do its job as it should i think your confident enough yourself but the figures would be nice :L

i might take mine down to the north RR ill see nearer the time depends on cost i only paid £20 up here for mine and igot my results laminated and pics taken for a mag.

i think if they involve other clubs and possibly non ford ones they could possibly get a big meet going and possibly in a mag if the one up here was anything to go by :)

·
Man in a Jag
15,051 Posts
That one that had a poor result cant have been running right to be honest. Was it not a 90PS model? Probably needed an ECU Reset :}

Think the North one is going to be somewhere in Stockport :L

·
TDDI Buff
37,060 Posts
i thought there wasnt any 90's in the uk? its not an import and he said its definately a 115 and he's had an induction kit on it and lowered for nearly a yr now

·
Man in a Jag
15,051 Posts
There are 90's in the UK - not many but there are some. Probably were bought by leasing companies and the like as a bulk load.

Remember the thread in Multimedia about the Yellow MK3? That was a 90PS UK supplied car (as checked on etis).

http://www.fordmondeo.org/forum/showtopic.php?tid/730175/

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.