Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
ST200 baby
7,993 Posts
Hi People , there have been some posts about people not knowing what way there disks should be fitted if they are driled and groved , or just groved , or just drilled. I have done some looking round the net to find some good info , along with these pic's to hope this helps , so when ever some one goes to fit some they have this info here to hand.

Nearside = pas side
Offside = driver side

Spotty Discs are directional "LEFT and RIGHT" which is nearside and offside of your vehicle. The spotted pattern and the sweeping grooves should be pointing to the rear of the vehicle.

So if you read all the above your discs should look like the last pic on this page , with the grooves facing the rear of the car , that pic is off a Golf R32 and its the front Pas :L

Attachments

·
ST200 baby
7,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Robbins said:
:eek:fftopic: Mondyman, I have just had a browse through your photobucket pictures and I just have to say, your car looks fantastic :L :L :L :L
arrrr dude thanks mate , it sounds sad but when people do look at pics of your cars and leve good feed back is reall nice , there has been a few other little things done , if all goes well there will be pics updated tomorrow , as said thanks for the cool coments :L

Ryan.

·
Megger
64 Posts
It depends on the manufacturer and particular disk design, some sweep forwards and some sweep backwards there is no one way that is correct for all disks. :eyesup:

·
MEG Corporal
1,015 Posts
the right way lol...discs like the firs pic should rotate outwards

·
Registered
54 Posts
i deal with black diamond and national auto parts and ebc

black diamond and national autopparts say the grooves should be sweeping towards the front of the car (the wrong way to some people) and ebc say theres should sweep towards the rear of the car

so is very much dependent on manufacture

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Hi

Logic would be, for grooves in discs to wipe any crap towards outside of pad and throw it off rim of disc.

Peter

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.