Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just did an oil change and started up the engine. It ran amazing for about 30 secs until the tappet noise came back and white smoke started coming from the engine (see picture) I was freezing so when I was putting the new oil in i spilt a quite abit on the engine, also I think I may have put too much in . What is it ? the smoke is coming from under the cover where the arrow is pointing

Attachments

·
Registered
10,167 Posts
looks like you pointing to the exhaust manifold heat shield?

if so leaking exhaust manifold by the looks off it. would account for the steam and tapping noise.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
crap, is it costly ? , i wanna sell the car , thats why I did an oil change.

·
Registered
10,167 Posts
remove the sheild see where its coming from.

if its coming between the block and the manifold, easy cheap repair, a few quid fot the gasket. if its coming from the join where the pipe is welded to the plat then a replacement manifold required or get a garrage to re weild the split.

if you cant see the steam then place or hand around and feel for leaks, but dont touch the pipe work. it'll burn you big time.

curtainly not a car distoying fault tho.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I took the car for a drive and after a few minutes it sounded like i was constantly going over a cattle grid :( , very scary when doing 40 mph , I thought one on the wheels was coming off. so I got out and had alook to find my locking wheel nut key holding on for dear life lol. Got home phoned a mate and he said it sounds like your manifold :L , I really want to sell the car aswell. just stiped of the alloys, xenon bulbs , head unit and speakers in the heavy snow.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts